How long does Vapor smell stick around?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Shipwreck, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Wanting to possibly vaporize in my house IF the smell doesn't stick around with my Silver Surfer.

I might be constructing a sploof or I might get a smoke buddy to go along with it.

2. Don't worry about it... I live with my girlfriends parents at the moment oddly enough and we vape in our room all the time...not as if her dad cares if we smoke...but if he noticed the smell he would ask us to smoke outside. You're solid.

3. just got done with my DBV, jealous of your SSV.

and it dissapates in seconds in an open room.

just vaped on my couch for the first time and left a window open poof all gone.

gave it a courtesy spray anyways.
    :smoke:

4. So let's say that I spray some air freshener or leave a candle on the smell shouldn't even be noticeable?

5. I'm going to have to vaporize HEAVILY in my car and then see what people think before I go try it inside lol.

6. not long at all, and it doesn't disperse much. i've been vaping all day everyday for the last 6-7 months in my dorm and nobody knows better. if you're really worried, just take smaller hits and ghost them, holding vapor hits in for a long time isn't unhealthy (as compared to smoke, atleast) and is actually recommended.

7. #8 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    Vapor does not linger like smoke does. Its also not NEARLY a similar smell at ALL!

The smell of vapor(which dissipates quickly anyway) is closer to that of the raw herb. However, if you smell the bowl in between vapor hits(you would need to put your nose close to it to smell it) it has its own smell which is completely unique and AMAZING!

Usually, you want to hold your vapor in your lungs for a while, this is ok, unlike with smoke.
    Vapor absorbs slower, and not only will holding it in longer help you absorb more effect, but it will mean less vapor exhaled, and exhaled vapor is the only part of vaporizing that smells.

I never, ever worry about smell most of the time when I am vaping, but certain vaporizers have the potential to smell more then others.

LOL a sploof or spray is WAY WAY overboard for vapor. all you really need is a window slightly open to help circulate the air more. or a fan+ cracked window works too.

The amount of smell depends on how much vapor you exhale(also if you accidentally combust in your vape, it WILL smell, and you will have to completely clean every piece to get the smell and taste of burnt herb out of the parts). So if you dont take huge hits, and you hold your hits in for at least 10 seconds, and have some airflow going, you will be good.

8. i LOVE that smell, literally smells like i'm cooking the herb

9. YES... Its like smell and taste, the smell of the warm herb varies from strain to strain, but often reminding me of the smell of some types of food.

its the best smell ever, I could smell that smell all day haha