how long does pollen live?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Redtruck, Sep 2, 2012.

1. New to growing. I have 1 ok indoor grow done, second grow I made a sealed room. Started with 10 clones and 3 plants from seeds I found in some medicine. All was fine or so I thought. The plants from seeds all "seemed" to be female. One day they started looking funny to me so I came here and searched. I ended up thinking the 3 started from seed plants were hermorphidits and removed them several weeks ago. Today I find a number of my remaining cloned plants have seeds.
    Obviously there was or is pollen in my sealed room. What will it take to be rid of it. Will I be able to grow in this room again? Thanks.. :confused:

2. i think you need to clean the room and re paint it to get that stuff out of there pollen can live for quite a while.

3. a light spray of bleach water on the ceiling floor and walls will kill it.
    you wont need to paint

4. bleach everything and scrub the walls.

5. you don't need bleach to take care of pollen. get it wet with plain water and it will not be viable any longer.

6. i would demolish the house and possibly torch the reminants and rebuild just to be sure. on a lighter note. a buddy of mine had the same problem. first we went over the room with some cleaning product and the next crop that was done in the room it had some seed in it. SOME, so we repainted and the problem wanished. just my 2c