Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does marijuana withdrawal last?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chodespode, Dec 27, 2010.

1. how healthy is your lifestyle

2. #42 Blunt, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    Zero days.

I find it hard to compare opiate withdrawal to cannabis "withdrawal."

3. Im not mistaking one for the other im stating i know what withdrawals are because of my past actions. Now if the poster i replied to has no way of knowing what it feels like to withdraw from something how can he/she say youre not withdrawing? If u cut your arm and see blood you know your bleeding and why are you bleeding BECAUSE U CUT YOURSELF. If i take those opiates out of the problem and replace with another drug and i have the same symptoms i had when said other drug was involved then what does that mean? Like I said in a post earlier they might not be as severe of a w/d as from another substances but u do withdraw just like with caffeine, aspirin and many other things. Whos to say that u havent withdrawal from something and didnt know it? A majority of the symptoms with w/d are also symptoms of flu so maybe i just catch the flu or a cold everytime i take a Tbreak.

4. marijuana withdraw does not exist. There is no chemical in mj that is physically addicting so you will not experience symptoms of withdraw as you with with crack, meth, etc. the reason you can't sleep is because the highs were covering up other medical conditions. those other conditions are why you can't sleep, not because you stopped toking.

5. Can someone tell me a mental illness that would cause the same symptoms of withdrawal? Im open minded so Id love to learn more maybe find something out about myself. If this is in my head and it can be stopped Im all for it.

6. You may find this interesting-the mind can play amazing tricks
    Placebo, Nocebo, and Imagined Withdrawal or Discontinuation Effects

7. yeah id put money on it being placebo.

you are not going to feel any physical symptoms of withdrawal from MJ man

Smoked weed daily for 8 years had to stop for 3 weeks to pass a DT and quitting cold turkey was absolutely no problem. Took diazepam for 3 weeks and had a seizure coming off of those fuckers.

8. Hey guys... but what im thinking, is that the herb itself isnt causing the irritable-ness. or the "withdrawals". you might have already had it, but didnt notice, or feel it while using herb. so when you are sober, you feel it. Hope i helped =)

9. i've been smoking daily for about a year now, and have gone without toking for a few days to a few weeks here and there and never had any problems sleeping or eating or anything like that. in fact on some days i swear i would still feel high or atleast in a nice daze haha :smoke: it's all in your head

10. It is all in your head. Your brain has become so used to living with weed, that it's basically having a temper tantrum until you give it more weed or force yourself to be sober. You've conditioned yourself to believe you need weed. Once your cannabinoid receptors are on normal levels again, your brain will be happy once more.

11. the withdrawals of weed i would say are pretty much your mind getting used to sobriety again, so they last as long as it takes until youre used to being sober again

12. #53 NetG, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    so I guess nevermind all the science proving weed is NOT addictive

fuck that I like my erroneous definition of addiction custom tailored so pot could he included in the "addictive category" so we could make up a reason to make it illegal :rolleyes:

and th free pot movemnt takes a fall back everytime you legitamize that pathetic excuse...psychologically addictive... it doesn't make sense even to those of us who study psychology!!!

let me explain mentally addictive for you...for that to be true...you cold smoke pot and I could say you Re smoking rabbit fur...it s highly addictive...you will be addicted to rabbit fur and crave it.

then. give you pot and say it is not addictive (you are smoking the same shit as before) boom not addicted

same shit differen name if I call it rabbit fur you're addicted. if I call it pot you are not
    same shit

there was never ANY addiction...you wanna call I mentally or psychologically addictive but we all know that is utter bullshit and should be an oxymoron!!!

look to battle a mental addiction all you do is go "hey you know that shit is not really addictive". tha's it real or not problem solved

not so of TRUE addiction

13. Lemmeesee... I felt nothing day 1... Day 2 I was disgustingly nauseous and puking my guts... Day 3 I had no appetite, no motivation to do anything, and just felt BLAH. Day 4 I felt physically fine, but was smelling and tasting things that were definitely not there. And day 5 I was cured. Day 12 I started smoking again.

But there you have it, you'd probably go through something similar.

Honestly, the withdrawal sucks so much that I don't recommend quitting temporarily. If you're going to put yourself through that shit, only do it once.

14. what is this for; tobacco?

I quit for ~ a week to 2 weeks every 3 months or so to bring my tolerance back down. Only thing I experience is that fog that sits over your mind from smoking too much clears up.

I think you are the only person who is experiencing this

15. Fixed:)

16. Stop thinking about weed. Mind over everything. The withdrawal is real but its in your MIND. Think about it. Just find shit to do. read, exercise, have sex, pick up a craft. Write a book! Cure cancer. etc. The sleepless nights last for about a week.

17. the sleepless nights go away if you have any kind of daily exercise as well.

18. sounds like someones got insomnia