how long does it usually take for a plants stem to strngthen up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by seanSILENCE, Oct 7, 2009.

1. i have a couple plants growing.
    and pretty much i just wanna know how long til the stem will strengthen. cuz im worried about them falling.
    so yea. haha.

2. Do you have a fan on the plants?

3. no not yet. the first few sets of leaves are still forming.

4. get a fan on the plants asap, this will help the stem thicken and strengthen.

5. OHHHHHHH you meant an actual fan. i thought you were asking if any fan leaves were on the plant yet. lol.

i have a fan on the plants. but it isnt directly on it. its about 6 feet away from the plant, and i keep it on low becuas eim afraid of damaging the plants

6. I noticed my stems really starting to thicken up when the plants were about 2 weeks old. Check out my grow and you can see how the fan thickens up the stems nicely. You don't want a hurricane on your babies, just a nice subtle breeze.

7. ohhh thanks. im definately gonna give it a try.

oh an i was checkign out your posts.
    an i saw your post "st pete fl pickup"
    are you from that area?

8. somewhere in that general location, yes.

9. ohhhhhh lol. just curious. haha
    me too, :p

10. awesome man, keep up the good work, you should start a grow journal.

11. Make sure whatever type of light you have, is the appropriate distance away from the plant.
    I had to find out the hard way and had "leggy" seedlings that fell over my first try because I had them too far away. Take care. :)

12. nah im too inexpirianced to start a grow hournal.
    im in a tight budget so i cant spend any money on anything for the plants. i just got the plants growing in some soil organically. with sunlight. lol. so if i started a grow journal id prolly get auto-flamed :p

13. I have an oscilating fan about 10 inches away from my plants. I started it on the lowest setting and worked it's way up. My oldest plant is 11 days old and it's stem is almost as thick as a No. 2 pencil.

14. P.S. now I usually just adjust it according to the temp in my cabinet.