How long does it take your clones to root?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Infamous 1, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Just wondering how long it takes your clones to root. For me it takes about 2 weeks or less in rock wool cubes. I cut down on the rooting time by putting them in 24hours of dark first. Seemed to save me a week or so.

2. Hm 24 hrs of dark to cut down the rooting time. Sounds like a good tip. Thanks

Everytime i clone it took me a little less than 2 weeks also

3. Yeah i just starrted doing the 24hours dark with great results. Good luck with it...

~In1

4. always 7-10 days. I don't do the 24 hrs of dark just cuz I have great results as is. The cuttings are put in a bubbleponic cloner and they usually don't even droop. I also find that the newer/more tender stems root much faster then older, woody stems.

5. Cloned for the first time ever on june 9th. I just transplanted into larger pots the day before the 4th so thats 3 weeks for me. Hey better late then never I guess.

6. im pretty much in love with ur sig:hello:

7. Changed my mind but can't really take back my vote. I'm one 24 hours of light constantly for my clones. Cut about 2 or 3 days off so I'm about 7 days now.

8. I've had master kush show first signs of root in 3 days... however, as a general rule after 9-14 days clones are ready to be potted up.

9. Agreed... 24/0 is best for faster rooting times with clones, imo.

10. between 7-10 days, i also give them 24hrs of darkness to help the little ones on there way. Although my white widow managed it in 4 days. I use clonex rooting gel and i place the cutting in a ph (5.5) pre soaked (24hours) rockwool cube into my prop equipment. Never lost one yet!

11. Yea I am really in love with Clonex myself too.

12. I usually get roots in 14-17 days. The last set I cut were done in 13 days. I think I'll be doing an aero cloner to get the 7-10 days like everyone else.

All you guys doing 7-10 days are doing it in aero or just in the plugs with water under a light?

13. whoa dude. exact same time. haha

14. 7-10 days for me. Every clone roots.
    I Use homemade bubbler, 24 hours lighting, mix of cool and warm floro's. Also use a water heater @ 24 degrees. nutrient mix @ 300ppm.

15. I dont know if i was just lucky with my master kush that i just cloned about a week or so ago, but it shoot roots out super fast.

~In1

16. Media is important, Rockwool is very diff than soil,, soil is diffrtrnt tjam

17. I had mine real close to a 400w MH (around 24") though too.

I've found that the cuttings closer to the light will root first... couple a good light source with as close to 100% humidity as you can get, and so long as you've selected your cuttings properly you should get 100% success rate.

I use this method here: http://www.drskunk.com/CLONEds.htm

18. Nice man nice haha.

19. Ok i am sort of new to this cloning thing... its my third grow and i decided to get a bit more advanced with the way in which i grow my plants seeing how my last two grows didnt produce the yeilds that i expected. After watching a few youtube videos i discoverd you can purchase a (Burpee) seed starter and use that for the cloning process... It comes with growing pellets and altough they lack the nutrients that your clones need it works very well as a medium for your clones to root in... now i am not totally sure about this but i believe your clones can root in about 5 days if kept in 16 hrs of light... i do no less than 8 days just to be sure and have found that the clones develop a good amount of roots within that time frame... i use 23 watt cfl lights 120 volts 1600 lumens... and you can keep the clones fairly close to the lights just so long as you keep them covered with a plastic sheet or cover.. if the plastic melts then you know your too close to the lights. I use the green light rooting hormone... powder not the gel... powder works the best... not only do i make cuts at a 45 degree angle but i also use a unused single blade (bic) shaving razor to lightly scrape the lower stem of the clone before dipping it into the rooting powder... *clones need to be placed in a cup of ph water immediately after being cut from its mother... dipped into the water and then dipped generously into the rooting powder... its also a good idea to use the remaing rooting powder... use a small sheet of paper to pour into the hole in which you are placing the clone... i have gotten a 100 percent sucess rate with this method and it only takes about 8 days... you can also use this method to re-root a plant that you grew from seed that tends to become too stemy. oh yeah by the way i dont reccommend you starting marijuana seeds in the burpee seed starter.... i tried it and they just doesnt develope well. Its best to use the paper towel in a plastic bag method (behind a heater for 3 days) and then go straight to soil.