Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take YOU to get clean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 208013, Dec 25, 2010.

1. dam just dont smoke for 3 weeks and get some exercise and dont eat wheat

2. 5'8, 130lbs used to smoke everyday almost 50 days clean still dirty. I'm not really active so i think thats the reason thc is still in my system.

3. Height: 6'1
    Weight: 155
    Metabolism: fast
    Body type: pretty skinny/athletic

I stopped smoking for about a month and a half but ive been on winter break and smoked 3 days then took 5 days off then smoked next 2 days, I go back to school tomorrow which is when I could "randomly get tested" I pplan on taking home drug test tonight. Praying to jesus ill be clean!!  any ideas of when ill be clean if im already not???

4. 5 ft 7 in about 170. I haven't smoked in 5 days I've been takin cranberry pills.its 3 am and I have to take a test today before 430 pm. I just drank a gallon of water, what are my chances? Any suggestions?

5. I am an average build and I don't get much exercise...PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Male
    5'11
    155 lbs
    Muscular build w/ fast metablism
    Fairly active (running, gym time, snowboarding, work)
    Last use was 7 days ago, a couple hoots off a joint while snowboarding.

My home test was a Neg, which means I passed..

I'm not a very active toker. I can make 2g's last a couple weeks. The only times I do smoke is when I'm driving my co worker home. We'll have a joint or a small bowl. Other than that, it's just a couple hoots here and there. Nothing like a quarter a week or something of that quantity. If that was the case, I would be worried about passing a drug test in anything less than 2 weeks without use, even with optimal conditions. If that is the case though, get your ass in gear, lay off the dope. You're looking at a very long road ahead of yourself. Depending on your body type, dedication and luck..

To start, you must know how that THC is stored in your body, in your fat cell tissues. If you don't know the mechanics I highly suggest you do some research and gain a bit of knowledge to help yourself become a more mature smoker. After all, this is still considered a drug and should be handled with responsibility.

So, the THC metabolites, are stored in fat cells. Your ultimate goal for this detox is to cycle out your fat tissues. This process happens naturally and is called the Randle cycle. It involves all the organs in your body, as they all play a role in getting rid of the fatty tissue. You eat, body converts it to fat, work that fat off, it goes through your system, liver, kidneys intestines, and out. Rinse repeat. The heavier set a person is, the more they will need to work. The skinnier the person is the better, higher metabolism and rate of refresh. Da truth..

There are a few ways of speeding this process up. To start, Exercise! Sweat your god damn balls off!  Run, bike and weight lift. Play hockey, soccer  and football. Anything that will get them salty bullets running down your forehead. You need to have some mad cardio going to break down the fat.  Being active is fun as hell and rewarding as fuck.  Eat lean meals. If you have to hit up a grocery store, GO NOW! Eggs, chicken, fish, nuts, fibrous eats, whole grain pastas and rice, orange juice or any juice with high acidity will help. We all learned how to eat healthy in school, if you didn't, well the internet has an infinite amount of resources to help you with that. Stay hydrated. As other have said, Gator Aid is a god send. You need your liquids, and your electrolytes. This is a perfect tool for aiding your body with flushing out the bad stuff.  

Staying active will help kick start your metabolism and keep it running on full power. Which is critical to the Randle cycle if you want it to do its thing, and process the metabolites you are trying to get rid of. I cannot stress that enough, if you're a couch potato playing COD while stoned all day and you're trying to pass a test. Good fucking luck. Shit takes effort son. Smoking cigs and drinking alcohol will also slow your metabolism, not saying quit those, just keep that in mind.

Also note. Those quick fix drinks don't work, shits just to scam people. Cranberry juice doesn't work, as with any other detox foods along those lines that will only clear out your urinary track, where the THC is NOT present. You do not need to drink a million liters of water either, just keep hydrated, but I guess the more you flush your bladder the less chance of having trace amounts of anything in your pee is a good thing, but it will not help you lose fat.

Now I advise you spend your 60 bucks of weed money on a home test kit or two. Use one when you think you are clear to make sure, and try to use one the day before your test. Always use the first pee of the day and use a mid-stream sample with the home test to give you the optimal urine sample. If you pass with that, you're golden for your real test. Drinking a buncha water or gator aid during the day of your exam, and obviously don't use your first pee of the day on that test.  Also try and relax the day before the test as to not burn any fat which may get tracked into your bladder by morning.  Your pee should be clean and THC free for the actual test.

I hope you have taken these things into consideration, and also, everyone who contributed to this thread, good on ya! The more you know the better you go, or what ever, I dono. Props to kingoftheplebs for starting this thread and giving a great first post and many helpful responses.  Also props to anyone else giving useful information. I highly suggest before you ask a question on this thread, read the whole thing first, your question might be answered. It also helps us answer your question if you're more specific and shows you have an actual idea of what the topic is. Sorry for the long ass read, but I hope this helps.

7. 5'8" 145lbs extremely fast metabolism smoked 3days and night before about .2each time.

Passed a lab piss test (10 panel one) the next day. I was on drug counseling and mom found my piece outside so I was screwed either way so I tested it out by smoking night before.

For reference I can literally eat all day ad eat junk food too and simply cannot gain weight (I even tried).
    So if your similar to me 1 week to be safe with lots of water should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. For me? Probably a month since I've been toking off and on for the past 6 months.

9. like 5 minutes in the shower.

10. I take a one hour bath once a month, whether I need one or not.  :smoke:  :smoke:

11. Male
    6'1
    187lbs
    Normal metabolism
    I was a heavy smoker smoked about a blunt more a less for 3 years . I've stopped now for 1 week and I have to get tested in 4 weeks maybe 5 weeks,
    I've been very active these past months lost about 32 lbs since Christmas...so can I do it in the time I got?

12. Are you sober or high when you consume these large amounts of food?

He's not eating enough. i went from 130 --> 160 in three months. You have to eat like a pig all day. Like even when you are full, you gotta eat more on top of that. These people who say they don't gain weight even though they eat a lot... they don't know what eating a lot is.

14. Bumping this thread for more info.

How long did it take you to get clean?

15. 24 Female
    130 lb, 5'7" -- normal on the fast side metabolism
    A bowl or so a day, about 4 days a week, for about 6 years 
    Tested 27 days - Clean 

Drank a lot of water (nothing extreme) 
    Worked out 3x in the month, for like 30 mins & did sauna 2x 
    Pretty healthy eater (vegetarian), but also sometimes finish a medium pizza in one setting (lol)

16. I used daily for 8 months and stopped. Two months later I was clean. It's extremely variable though

17. 6-2
    190lbs
    Smoked 6 days before a bad car accident where I got blood and urine tested and I tested negative for THC.
    I smoke frequently so this was kinda weird but ya, I also run and use saunas virtually everyday so there's definitely something to that theory

R.i.p The Jive

18. #78 LaLaaa, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    I am a chronic smoker. (.5-1g of pretty good stuff a day)
    Female 5'2
    125lbs
    I'm assuming my metabolism is pretty fast.
    I poop at least once to two times a day.
    It took me 28-30 days to get under 50ng/ml which is the usual cut off for drug test although I heard some can be as low as 15ng/ml

I chose abstinence as my method. I just drank more water and took b12 and niacin every now and then to speed up my metabolism even more.

I took a drug test at my doctors office at 28days (passed) and a drug test at 33/34 days at quest diagnostic for a job and also passed.
    I'm not sure of the niacin or b12 helped but I do know they speed up your metabolism and thc is stored in fat.

Best of luck to anyone with an upcoming drug test. Being paranoid is not fun! Waiting for the results is even worse.

If you have a good enough time before your test I highly recommend To just abstain for as long as you can!

I also used home drug test from the dollar store. I wasted about $40 on first home check drug test from Walmart!

AFTER I took my drug test with quest diagnostic I went and bought a home drug test from Walmart (first check marijuana) and FAILED but passed the quest diagnostic test.
    Worst mistake ever, I was freaking out until I got the call I can start working.

If you purchase a first check home drug test I recommend you send it to the lab they offer

I took my drug test with quest last Tuesday and never heard of the results but the HR called today and said I can come In Monday, yay .

EDIT: the dollar store marijuana drug test were more accurate. I made my boyfriend take one who smokes every day and he failed. I passed mines. I recommend the thc sticks

19. Woman
    Age 42
    Heavy, chronic smoker (daily, 1 gram to 1/8) plus edibles a couple times a week.
    height: 5'4
    weight: 125-130lbs
    metabolism: average to fast.  Used to be faster, but I'm older now
    Activity level--moderate to high, regular walking, monthly hiking, cardio, some muscle building.  I've been fairly active and in good shape for the last 6 years.

I started using sonne's # 7 and quit smoking and eating edibles on a Monday. Used benadryl and hops tincture to help sleep, and had no troubles sleeping at night, surprisingly. Averaging about 8-9 hours sleep per night.  I eat a pretty healthy diet. I used sonne's #7 as directed on the bottle, adding a little to each dose.  I drank a good ammount of water but didn't go crazy with it. 

Day 7: tested positive in a home testing kit. 
    Day 9 (today): tested negative! It was my third pee of the day, and I used the mid stream approach. So long as I keep doing what I am now, I feel really good I will pass on the testing day. I gave myself a 2 week time frame for a pre employment screen, but then I started reading online about passing and got seriously bummed that I might not have given myself enough time.  I feel in the future, giving myself two weeks with this approach will work fairly well unless I gain a lot of weight in the future. Good luck to all! Quitting sucks, but it has been way easier than I thought it would be, actually.  I've never had to ua before, so I have been pretty much smoking uninterrupted and as much as I want for around 7 years now. 

20. I know this is an old thread but I thought it was a good one so I'll add:
    5'5" 100 lbs female
    As a light smoker(1-3x a week) I've gotten clean in 10 days.
    As a heavy smoker(daily) I failed a test at 48 hrs, 9 days, and still waiting on results for my test at 17 days. Did pass an at home test today (day 18). Very faint pass though.