Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take YOU to get clean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 208013, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Hey GC, It's been a while since I've seen y'alls smile

Anyways, I got the idea for this thread a while ago. I was recently arrested for possession, and have gone onto pre-trial diversion for first offenders. The Diversion program entails three drug tests (luckily scheduled at my convenience), two of which I have passed- either by being clean or through substitution. However the last one is in the courts, and I'd really rather not substitute, so I've been working my way back to being clean for that.

I have a lot of experience with drug tests, having nosy parents and also having attended a high school which drug tests their students, and I have read hours on hours of "ways to pass a drug test". Now we all know that detox or "window" drinks may be mildly successful, but often are not and anyone with a brain in their head wouldn't take a "money back guarantee" as enough promise that your thc-laden ass won't end up in jail. Mature smokers know that the best way to pass a test is simply putting the bong down for a few weeks (which is tough!).

So that's exactly what I plan to do. The thing is, as we all know, it takes everyone a different amount of time to get clean (total usage, metabolism, etc.) However, there are very little resources out there for one to try to know how long he or she will take to get clean. If you have been smoking regularly for a while, chances are you know how long it takes your body to get clean.

Basically, what I'd like this thread to be, is sort of a library where people can post their pertinent information on how they get clean, how long it takes them, what their body type/ weight is, amount of exercise, yadda yadda.

My hope is that instead of having people posting "my weight it ____, blah blah, how long will it take to get clean?", these people can have a resource at their disposal with numerous examples of different body types and lifestyles, and how long it takes each person to get clean. This way they may have a better (though admittedly not nearly perfectly accurate) idea of how long it may take them to clean out.

For example:

Me- Body type: skinny/atheletic Height: 6'0" 175 lbs Metabolism: Relatively fast, though varies on diet/ exercise Usage beforehand: Heavy (1 gram or more a day)
    Time it takes to get clean: 2-3 weeks

I'd love it if this could get off the ground! Thanks blades and if you can, keep on tokin! :smoke:

2. I'll use this second post with the alterior motive to bump the thread, but with the explicit motive to describe the steps I take to detox my body over a fairly good period of time.

First of all I always try to give myself at least two weeks, MINIMUM ten days. I learned most of this not from "marijuana detox" sites but rather health resources describing how to rid the body of free radicals. I hope that some of it helps.

1. Exercise- Everyone knows this one. THC is stored in the fat cells, and exercising burns fat faster than most anything. If you don't have a regular routine, start running, and START LIFTING WEIGHTS. Fat is replaced by muscle when you do this and a more muscular body demands a faster metabolism. If you already have a routine, incorporate more cardio into it in order to increase how much you sweat to rid the body of toxins

2. Diet- Cut out foods with fat- those just make the fat already laden with THC harder to get out, and replace it with metabolism boosters- good proteins (nuts, eggs) and lots of fruits and veggies (carrots and citrus fruits are both excellent at boosting metabolism). Try to eat three meals a day, at regular times. This will keep your body running smoothly and will do wonders for the detoxification process

3. Sleep- Get a good nights sleep! I know this is hard especially for those of us who like to smoke before bed, and especially for those of us who like to spend long nights out partying. But take my word for it, a good nights sleep has no rival in terms of keeping your body running as well as it can

4. DON'T Drink- A lot of people seem to think that drinking will speed detox, because it makes you urinate often. While it is true that alcohol is a diuretic, just as cranberry juice, diuretics do little in the way of true detoxing, and instead serve a better purpose in trying to dilute the drug test sample you are providing. I believe that the use of diuretics as dilution techniques have led to the mistaken belief that these detox you. Drinking will, in fact, slow your metabolism down, as alcohol just sort of fucks with every one of your body's processes- especially your liver, which plays a vital role in detoxification.
    I know this can be hard, and it's certainly the one I have the most trouble with. I mean, if I'm not smoking, how else I'm I supposed to get a little loose legally?

5. Drybrushing- Here's one I bet very little of you have heard. Before you step into the shower, take a brush with mild bristles, and run it over every inch of your body. Why? Well as you probably learned in middle school, skin is your biggest organ, and in fact your pores are where the multitude of detoxification occurs, through excretion, etc. When you dry brush, you are taking of a thin layer of oil, residue, dead skin, and so on that clogs your pores and considerably slows the process down.

6. Sweat- Saunas, hot showers, hot baths, anything that can get you to sweat a bit is great. For my technique, I will usually drybrush, then take a quick two minute shower to actually get clean, before I fill up the tub with water as hot as I can stand, and add epsom salts. Epsom salts remove toxins in your muscles, and this is why athletes usually take these baths when they are sore- to rid their muscles of lactic acid.

So there you have it guys, that's everything I'd recommend you do to take yourself to a healthy, natural detox, and you don't have to do anything stupid like drink bleach (this doesn't work- don't do it!).

I know that not smoking can be tough- and I especially know the feeling that you're going to be dirty for twenty eight days and that seems like an insurmountable goal, so you just keep smoking. I promise that if you can take what I've given you here so that every day you are actively doing something to rid your body of the toxins, you will find it much easier not to smoke and just to focus on getting clean. Plus, when you are finally clean and can smoke again, you'll be wayyy higher than if you didn't really ever quit and somehow scraped by through dilution/ substitution. It's a good project to occupy your mind with- y'all dig?

Oh, and one more thing. Please don't post about any "miracle drinks" that will clean you out in twenty four hours. While some may have had some success, most of it is anecdotal and not helpful for people who would rather have certainty. If you drink something that boosts your metabolism in the detox process, we'd love to hear about it.

I really hope this helps guys, this was a resource that I often wish I had and I hope GC can make it into something useful.

Peace and love, brothers and sisters.

3. Everyones body works differently, it takes time for others to clear it out of their system.

If you do exercise, You can get it done faster, BUT you will not KNOW for sure. It's like a gamble

1 hour of intensive exercise is like depleting your body of the carbs and other shit, After that hour you drained your body of energy, But not waste/fat
    if you continue the exercise for 1 more hour Your body begins to attack fat cells and waste, because you have burned all the energy that keeps you going

4. Thanks for the response NYSP, and I'm well aware that no one will KNOW for sure by hearing other people's experiences, I just think it will give them a better idea.

Also, I didn't know that about the first hour/ second hour of excercise... looks like I'll be changing up my routine a bit. Thanks man

5. 5'9
    170lbs

Time to get clean: 0 *awesomeface*

6. As I was afraid, I think this thread may get buried far before it becomes useful. I hope some poor soul stumbles across it and finds some information helpful.

7. 6'1" 180... two weeks tops

8. Tops? I am currently at about 1 week since I last smoked, and I am about your size, quick metabolism, etc. I've always thought it took a few weeks for me but do you think it would be worthwhile to buy a test and see in a few days? Maybe I'm a shorter detox then I believe? I know you KillerKush and I know you smoke as much as the next dude :smoke:

9. i Took About 19 Clensing Pills After Smoking The Morning Of The Piss Test..
    Im Just Waiting For The Call. -.-

10. Had you smoked before that morning?

Because if not you would have passed anyways.. takes THC about 24 hours to be processed into the metaboloids that you would fail for

11. Soo i DO Have Hope?!!? Buhh i Kinda Smokedd 3 Days Before That....

12. I have a special detox method.. I chill in my uni's sauna for about fifteen minutes every day after I am done working out. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day normally and an extra half gallon during detox time periods. I consume 16 ounces of cranberry juice ever 3 hours, take a multi vite, all good foods etc. Additionally piss midstream on your piss test and make sure that your first piss of the day is not the sample you submit as it is more concentrated. I'm a bio/athletic training major so I know my Shenanigans pretty decently at this point, still much to learn though.

13. If i wanted to: 0, i could just cut off. but i dont plan on doing that :smoke:

14. don't know don't care :smoke:

15. Come on guys stop acting like idiots. This thread is desperately needed on this website. Wouldn't it be nice if we had one big catalog where every post simply stated the poster's height, weight, detox method, amount of time from last smoke to test, and pass/fail?

6'1"
    Natural (no method)
    24 Days
    Fail

16. 5'9" 155 lbs.
    smoke 3-4 times a week about a .5 gram of dank each time
    swim every weekday for 2 hours (I'm on the swim team)
    fast metabolism
    passed a DT in 4 days once with no prior notice or detox methods so i'd say no more than a week for me to get completely clean if i'm in my regular swimming/school routine.
    swimming is the best exercise and if anyone is going to go the exercise route to burn fat fast and speed up the metabolism i'd highly suggest it! it's very tough and grueling but will be worth it!

17. Thanks a lot man, I mean a ton of people ask this question anyways I don't understand why we wouldn't go ahead and try to answer it as best we can for them

18. BF% would also play a very important part.

19. 5'11" 250lbs normal to slow metabolism

Took piss test 20 days after quitting smoking for the test(i knew it was coming) and was clean. I didnt do anything for making it get out faster or anything either.

Ive never really tested it but 3 weeks is straight for me.