Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take to recover from bad edible high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tsmith3402, Jul 10, 2012.

1. #1 Tsmith3402, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    To make a long story short: I have plenty of experience smoking good weed (been lurking/ posting here for over a year).

Earlier this summer I tried edibles for the first time. Had a good experience overall. Tried them again about a week later, no problems again.

Then on June 28th I ate a brownie and went to a very social place (without saying where I was exactly - there were thousands of peoples, flashing lights, cameras etc). I had an absolutely HORRIBLE trip, tons of social anxiety, scary thoughts etc. My sitter said I was fine, but I sure as hell didn't feel like it.

Fast forward to July 6th, last Friday. I figure I'll try edibles again to redeem myself. This time I eat half of a haze cookie and go out to restaurant with my friend. This is a little bit better than my experience on 6/28 but not by much. Social anxiety and felt totally uncomfortable in this situation. Again, sober friends said I was acting fine but mentally I felt terrible.

Here we are 4 days later and I still feel "off". Even typing this post I feel very "spacey", social anxiety, a bit disconnected from reality at times, and there's a certain vividness to life that I never felt before. It's weird and upsetting to say the least.

Yes, I realize I'm no longer high and the cookie has long left my system. That said - I feel very uneasy. How long until this wears off? What can I do to speed up the process?

2. What is this "bad high" you speak of?

3. Did you have a panic attack? That can lead to lingering discomfort. For months after mine if I smoked too much I would go back to my panic feelings until my first experience with boomers and it all went away!!

You should take a break from both smoking and eating for a week or 2 IMO.

4. Drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice. Water will help rinse you out (obviously) and cranberry juice will help detox your system.

Good Luck!

P. S. Try layin off the edibles for a month or two.

5. Yes, it felt like I had a panic attack. I mean who's to say if I really did, since ultimately everything was OK and my sober friends said I was acting fine. But, in my stoned little mind it sure felt like one.

Sadly I've had a history of depression and once even a schizophrenic episode. That was about 6 years ago. I never had any major issues smoking pot since then. Edibles on the other hand apparently do a number on me.

I am planning to take a two week break from smoking. As for edibles, not doing them for months at least and NEVER going back out in public if I do.

6. I saw another person post this in a similar thread. I know the basic gist of it, but I'm hesitant to look into it any further because I don't want it to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. In other words, I convince myself I'm experiencing something that I'm not.

That said, how long does it usually last? If that's what this is, when can I expect it to go away??

7. Ive had it a few times and I would say it lasts around a week ( in my cases at least)

8. Usually 1 week but anywhere from 1 day to one month.

It is basically a condition where you feel as though you are watching your life as a movie and you have little/no control over your actions.

It is a very enlightening experience and your really realize that nothing is real and in the grand scheme of things you are a speck of dust in an endless sea and everything you do is of absolutely no consequence in the longrun.

9. technically the thc hasnt actually left your system, so maybe that has something to do with it.

10. You're not alone man. I've been a daily smoker for 3+ years. I barely get high anymore, but as soon as I eat edibles I'm fucked up!

Firecrackers never fail, I took one before my last plane ride and started feeling uncomfortable, so I turned on some George Carlin skits from my iPhone.

You just got hit hard, and Fat is right. As long as you still have THC in you, there's a good chance it'll linger - that's why I suggested a break.

11. Alright, thanks everybody for helping me out. If it goes away eventually then I feel a lot better. For now I guess I'll just enjoy being a little high for the next week or so haha.

12. I'm feeling much better today. I'm starting to think that the brownie was actually still in my system, because I really felt kinda stoned for the last couple of days. I thought it only lasted a few hours, but maybe it was a residual effect?

I'd say I'm about 90% better from what I was yesterday. I thank you guys alot because you made me not worry about it so much, knowing it would go away over time.

13. Damn how much and what did you eat? I've never heard of anything that lasts for days :eek:

14. Give me what your eating, strong and long lasting. I'll just sit in my room for a few days and :hippie:

15. #16 Tsmith3402, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Honestly, I thought it would be great too. Unfortunately it was way too much, I really just felt crippled/ paranoid. Not a good high at all.

Then afterward I definitely went through derealization. Still have slight feelings of it, but I'm basically "back down to earth" now. Getting there at least - now that I understand what it is.

16. Did you find relief?

• Funny Funny x 1