Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take to lose your tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by beefybud, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I'm new here and just wanted to say sup in advance. I'm just wondering how long ii should lay off if I want to experience a good mind blowing high like I use to. I'm about 6 foot, 195lbs and little body fat if that matters at all. I have been smoking for about 2 years pretty heavily and daily for the past 2 months. I can't bake food cause I don't have ne place to and I can't mix it up and try to get another strain, weed is pretty sparse around these here parts. I just wanna get totally baked like I use to. Thanks in advance. PEACE

2. about 12 minutes.

3. lol, i wish

4. haha well just a bit of advice from a fellow stoner, usually a week T-break will get you a really nice high for the first day or two (for me at least).

Try eating a mango 30-60 minutes before you smoke as well, happy smoking :smoke:

5. why a mango? :confused:

6. With how much you have, give it at least 2-3 weeks. I would say a month break makes a world of difference but try it out.

7. long scientific story short; the chemical in a ripe/over-ripened mango helps THC get to your brain faster/easier/more efficiently (one of those i'm too lazy to look up atm haha)

It really does work though, try it yourself.

8. thanks for the tip bud, im gonna have to give that a try

9. #9 Duckyx, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    I dont have a tolerance

You only build a tolerance when you smoke the same strain/bag for days.

you build a tolerance to the amount of THC that is available on the nugget.

That marijuana strain can only give you a certain high. You cant get a new high experiance from the strain.

So smoking the same ounce for a few days weeks. you be come tolerated to that high.
    Causing you not to feel anything at all. But THC is in your body. Just your body needs a Stronger dose to get the recepters kicking.

So this is what I do.

I only buy 8ths at a time. Mids/regs, dro/beasters, Dank/fire. I mix up what I buy every bag.
    So Im always giving my body a new high to try feel. Once I start seeing im smoking more then 1 bowl to get high. Like a bowl and a half. I go and buy another bag.
    Then I blaze that and Im stoned again.

Its not about taking a break or Taking a T beak.

just mix up the stuff you smoke more often. Buy smaller bags. you you got to buy more often.

---

Also WEED is EVERY WHERE!. You just have to find it. I bet you anything if you ask a new guy. if he can find better stuff. some different stuff. STRONGER STUFF.

10. Yeah. I've noticed that. Like I ran through a quarter one week trying to get that same high the first time. I was bummed. :(

11. When you go back to the strain will that tolerance be lost?

12. really depends. I remember quitting for 60 days and came back to it and got stoned outta my mind in about 4-6 hits

"And I thought hurricane season was over"

13. This is an ancient thread guys, but still good advice from Duckyx!

14. I would say two weeks is a good, intermittent, T- break in which your lungs will (mostly) be able to regenerate themselves, clear out phlegm, etc.,

Your tolerance will be significantly lowered, and you won't feel overwhelmed by the length of the break.

Of course, if you were able to wait a month, the lowered tolerance would be more significant, but 2 weeks is sufficient, in my opinion.