how long does it take to grow clones?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by keepitmedicated, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ok the time is almost here SPRING and man is my green thumb a itchin. Just moved up north in ontario and am goin to do my first ever outdoor and indoor garden. I have a 12sq ft box that I have 4 seedlings just peeking out of the soil. 2 afghan kush- world of seeds - 1 purple widdow - de sajmaan seeds and 1 hash bomb from bomb seeds. Im using cfl's for both veg and flower to keep heat and $ down. I know that i wont get as much from the indoor plants using cfl's that is why im goin the natural way. By the way I also have another 12 sq ft box that im going to use for flowerin. Now to the main question, How long is it goin to take me to veg these plants to get at least 10 - 15 clones from each? I want to put out at least 40 clones hoping that half will make it through the season. I think that if 20 make it i will have enough stash for myself and my girl for the year. if all 40 make it wow ill be stoked and using buds instead of cuttings to make my cannaoil and budder medibles. I think that i am goin to plant them the last week of may like everyone else, the weather seems to be lookin like it will allow that up here, and yes i have the perfect spots for my seperated plots of 5 plants each in the native soil. never been touched before close to water and space to let them stretch. So if it sounds like im headed in the right direction please any tips and advise will be comforting. peace all:smoke:

2. [quote name='"keepitmedicated"']. Now to the main question, How long is it goin to take me to veg these plants to get at least 10 - 15 clones from each? [/quote]

60-75 days

3. cool so im right on schedule then for last week of may first week of june, I just transplanted them into larger pots, they were in those coco coir planters that allow the roots to shoot out around the sides of them. well they were and now they have a new home to grow into till i clone em. thanks man

4. I took 14 at 35 days and 7 rooted in 6 days and planted them today. I also took 6 more today but could have taken another 24 but I'm flowering my mothers as of yesterday so I just took the lowest branches this time.

5. what strain was that?

6. Kosher Kush, Blueberry, Blueberry Skunk. All 65 day varieties.

7. [quote name='"Redtr4"']I took 14 at 35 days and 7 rooted in 6 days and planted them today. I also took 6 more today but could have taken another 24 but I'm flowering my mothers as of yesterday so I just took the lowest branches this time.[/quote]

From seed?

8. #8 Redtr4, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Started from seed Jan 29th and Feb 1st. Cloned 14 on March 10th. I checked my notes and it was actually 38 and 40 days. Also 7 clones rooted in 8 days.

9. blueberry skunk I tried that a couple times tastes great, couldnt stay out of the fridge after that.

10. [quote name='"Redtr4"']Started from seed Jan 29th and Feb 1st. Cloned 14 on March 10th. I checked my notes and it was actually 38 and 40 days. Also 7 clones rooted in 8 days.[/quote]

We're you including germination times?

11. #11 Redtr4, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    No this is when they were planted. Only 1-2 day germ though.

12. [quote name='"Redtr4"']No this is when they were planted. Only 1-2 day germ though.[/quote]

I usually add 3-7 days for germ.but I do the paper towel dealy

13. well no camera but one afghan kush and the hash bomb are blowin up they have the third set of true leaves small but comin in and its the 20th so I think your gonna be right red. right on hope the other ones catch up

14. I also took 6 more today but could have taken another 24 but I'm flowering my mothers as of yesterday so I just took the lowest branches this time. [​IMG]

15. man i'm really liking that hash bomb's growth it is blowin up, definaty my fastest growin plant in the box my two afghan kush are growin at the exact same speed and size and are a nice dark green, the hash bomb is a nice light consitant color. Will be buying more of those hash bomb seeds and any other genetics that bomb seeds supply. I heard a lot of good things with their thc bomb and big bomb plants going to give them a try next. I would like to cross breed the hash bomb with my afghan kush if i get some males, I am very curious as to what kind of babies they would make. I generally turn my buddah into medibles for my girl and myself so That crossbreed would make some crazy luner pies and brownies, cookies, pecan pies, etc.

16. Same here but they popped really quick this time. Good seeds questionable genetics for me (Hermieeeeee).

17. One thing to mention about speed. I used feminized seeds which have a high rate of female but at 30-35 days you may not know if your mother is female so be careful. I took the risk and so far the odds are with me but keep in mind you could end up on the dark side (male).

18. [quote name='"Redtr4"']One thing to mention about speed. I used feminized seeds which have a high rate of female but at 30-35 days you may not know if your mother is female so be careful. I took the risk and so far the odds are with me but keep in mind you could end up on the dark side (male).[/quote]

The breeder I use mainly tga doesn't do fem seed, Unfortunatly I have yet to find a male as id love to get one as his genetics are awesome

19. I want some tga beans there chernoblyl and cindy 99 look and sound like some great strains but im really liking my hash bomb from bomb seeds it is growing amazingly will buy more fore sure and highly recomend it. it's been in veg officially for 8 days and already has 6 side shoots growin. My afghan kush from world of seeds is growing decent starting its first sides but not as fast as the hash bomb. High hopes for a lot of clones from her.

20. Chernobyl is great, I got this light green pheno that's awesome. I'll put hash bomb on the list