Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long does it take to get brain cancer from smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by wake-in-baker, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my gf insists mary jane will be the death of me so i was wondering whats the average life span of a regular smoker

2. like 5 days and 17 hours

3. beat me to it.

everybody's body is different. nobody besides a medical doctor who has examined you could possibly tell you how long it would take for this hypothetical brain cancer to kill you.

4. never. you don't get brain cancer from marijuana

Attached Files:

5. LOL Excatly! People take MJ to KILL cancer!!! My grandma who lived in the backwoods of Tennessee lived to 98yrs old and smoked weed and drank moonshine EVERY day of her life! Hillbilly's, eh?!! So... I'd say, 98yrs! :smoke:

6. #6 Fenton Mewley, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    Moderate drinkers live longer lives than non drinkers and heavy drinkers. Occasional drinkers lie somewhere in between.

Weed will not cause brain cancer.

Smoking weed alone will not determine your life span. Genetics and overall health and fitness will determine your life span. If you are talking about cigarette smoking, smokers generally have shorter life spans, for obvious reasons.

It sounds that you and your gf need to spend more time researching, and less time being ignorant.

7. brain cancer from weed? dude, your gf is more likely to get brain cancer than you especially if you vaporize. People use weed to kill cancer.

I believe that if you vaporize your weed, you can live longer than people who don't even use weed!

8. Your GF needs educating- badly! These are easy to read articles from my list (first link in my sig will get you the real studies)

CANCER - GLIOMA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer (news - 2000)
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74 (news - 2000)
    Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74 | | AlterNet

Science: THC destroys brain cancer in animal research (news - 2000)
    cannabis medicine

Anti-Tumor Effects (news - 2001?)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/AntiTumorEffects.htm

Marijuana May Stall Brain Tumor Growth (news - 2004)
    Marijuana May Stall Brain Tumor Growth

Marijuana Extract Fights Brain Cancer in Mice (news - 2004)
    Marijuana Extract Fights Brain Cancer in Mice: Scientific American

'Pot' may help fight tumours (news - 2004)
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_8001/is_2004_August_16/ai_n37295448/?tag=content;col1

Cannabis hope for brain cancer (news - 2004)
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7924/is_2004_August_15/ai_n33778848/

Cancer Killer (news -2004)
    Latest News - U.S. War on Drugs Stalling Mind-Blowing Research into Pot's Cancer-Healing Properties

Marijuana Ingredient Inhibits VEGF Pathway Required For Brain Tumor Blood Vessels (news - 2004)
    Marijuana Ingredient Inhibits VEGF Pathway Required For Brain Tumor Blood Vessels

Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels
    (news - 2004)
    Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels

THC tested against brain tumour in pilot clinical study (news - 2006)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells (news - 2008)
    Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

THC initiates brain cancer cells to destroy themselves (news - 2009)
    THC initiates brain cancer cells to destroy themselves | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News

Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells (news - 2009)
    Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - US News and World Report

Marijuana ingredient may reduce tumours-study (news - 2009)
    Reuters AlertNet - Marijuana ingredient may reduce tumours-study

Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer (news - 2009)
    Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

Active Component Of Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Effects, Study Suggests
    (news - 2009)
    Active Component Of Marijuana Has Anti-cancer Effects, Study Suggests

Cannabidiol Enhances the Inhibitory Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Human Glioblastoma Cell Proliferation and Survival (abst - 2010)
    http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content...RSTINDEX=240&sortspec=date&resourcetype=HWCIT

Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion in brain cancer studies (news - 2010)
    Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion in brain cancer studies - National Cannabis Revolution | Examiner.com

That's just the news articles from the "CANCER- Glioma/" section! :eek: Now please click the first link in my sig to begin your education! Thank you!

Granny :wave:

9. Granny solid post. There has been a lot of recent evidence on the reduction of malicious tumor types in marijuana users. Cool stuff!

10. Haha that Red Forman reference just killed me! You sir, are the king.

11. Just tell her that you have no intention of being the very first person to die from weed.

12. ...is she a blonde?:rolleyes:

13. i knew this guy once, he smoked like 5 pots and when he woke up the next morning his brain was one big tumor.

we called him tumor head stoner untill he died a week later.

the moral of the story:

don't smoke 5 pots at once.

anything less than 5 pots should be okay though. i don't know anyone who smoked 4 pots and died, and i smoked 3 pots once and i'm okay.

its all about moderation

14. \

Cancer patients don't smoke weed because it kills cancer. I don't know what makes you think that. They smoke it to ease the nausea that comes along with chemotherapy(sp).

15. it also helps kill cancer too tho

16. This is my basic understanding of the the weed v. cancer issue: Weed has been documented to decrease the size of tumors in a number of cancers. They say it is because cancer cells need nutrients so they form a bunch of new blood vessels. This is called angiogensis. Weed some how decreases the tumors ability to create these new pathways to receive nutrients to grow and has the ability to decrease the tumor sizes.

Also, tell your girl it would be long after she is dead from the brain cancer she gets from talkin on her cell phone before you get any weed-related brain cancer

17. Whoever told you that you get brain cancer from smoking weed should kill themselves

18. Tell this to nancy grace.

You see what I did there? Bitch doesn't even deserve to have her name capitalized.

19. Oh shit:eek:

Did you just say pee test on my show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.