Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take for...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aabbii, Apr 2, 2009.

1. #1 aabbii, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    Tolerance to build up?

I usually only smoked once a week, but for nearly 2 weeks ive been smoking pretty much everyday... over the last like 4 days i just havnt been getting high, and i smoke just as much as previous times...

I have been getting the weed from a different dealer recently... which could be the answer?

Or am i just building up a tolerance?

Instead of getting high im just getting tired and shit... yet al my friends have said they prefer the weed from this new guy.(but i think its only cos u get a good amount for what you pay for... not the actual hih it gives you)

My boyf is coming down this sunday, and were gonna have a smoke together, should i have a break till then, and buy it from my old dealer??

2. Ive been smoking about .5-1g a day for 7 months and i havent noticed my tolerence rise significantly.

New guys weeed sounds like a crappy indica strain. Try your old guy or wait for this gys next batch.

3. The more u smoke the higher your tolerance goes. There are gray areas to that. I plateud at 1 hit from my bong. I never add anymore because if I do my tolerance will raise. Say I smoke a blunt saturday night, in order for me to get as high as I normally do off my bong I have to add a little bit more to the bowl.

From what I notice your tolerance will hit a stopping point. In order to break that stopping point you either a) t-break or b) smoke more then you normally do.

4. Tolerances take different amounts of time to build up in different people. There are several reasons why your highs may not be as good as they used to be: You could have tolerance building up, the new guy's weed could be inferior, the new weed could be a different strain which gives a different sort of high than you're used to, your routine could be different, etc., or any combination of the above.

And if the new weed is higher quality than your old stuff it'll build your tolerance faster than the worse stuff you were smoking before. Try taking a break, you'll almost always be able to get higher once you've come back from it. It'll also give you a chance to compare the weed from the two dealers, if you want to.

5. I would say take about a 4 or 5 day break before you bf comes over. And buy from who ever has the better weed at the time, check out both of them and buy from whoevers looks better.

6. #6 sikander, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    It varies from person to person but you're probably building up a tolerance if you've been doing it every day for a week or so. I notice my tolerance starting to increase after toking for about three days in a row.

Tolerance breaks never hurt. Or you could try some of your old dealer's weed without taking a break to see if it's the weed or you.

7. great plan - which lead me onto my next post - DIRECT TO THE DEALER.

8. I smoke daily, and I really don't feel as if my tolerance is high. I can smoke a bowl of high mids or quality dank, and I'll feel it right away no matter what. Exercising daily and eating healthy helps a lot I think!

9. Indica is the shit. Sativa has always been shitty highs to me. Although I've never smoked dank sativa

10. Oh buddy, you have no idea. Dank sativas have to be my favorite.