Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take for your bud to kick in?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ganja1123, Nov 9, 2009.

1. How long does it take for you to feel high after toking? I always seem to take a few hits and then I won't feel it so I take a couple more then all of a sudden like 2 minutes later I will feel super high.

2. probably 2 minutes or about 1/8th way thru the blunt

3. A few minutes after a hit is usually where it gets to me.

4. after about 2.5-3 minutes from starrting is when i kinda feel it

5. quick, unless it's some creeper lol

6. depending on what kinda bud im smoking and what im using to smoke it (glass/blunt/etc.) but usually the first hit i can feel it a little and after the next 2-3 hits i start to get high. i usually smoke .5 to .7 at a time so id say after the first 5 hits im feelin real good.. usually takes me about an hour n a half to 2 hours to finish if i break up a nice .6 or somethin..

7. Right when I stand up after a smoke sesh.
    I just get smacked in the face.

8. Usually really quick. I usually take a hit, hold it, breathe it out. I'll feel different. Not high, but I'll feel that "something" is different. Then I'll take another toke and I'll be sort of high. Then a third hit and that will seal the deal. This is from my spoon, with my bong, I'm good off 2 hits.

TL;DR: Pretty fast, under 2 minutes. Bong = faster than pipe.

9. The first time I smoked, I felt nothing until my third hit, which occurred about two minutes or so after the first time I'd held marijuana smoke in my lungs ... ever. Now, I feel something VERY slight pretty much directly after my first hit (could be my imagination, though). But, yes ... I need to wait about 2-5 minutes to really get a good idea about how far the high is going to go, and maybe as much as 10 - 20 to hit the peak.

10. if im sitting down. not until after i take the green hit of my 2nd bowl. if im hitting a joint...about half way through the joint if im facing it. its time for me to take a t-break

11. With a bong it comes on within a few minutes of a good hit, anything else will take twice as long. when i vaporize, im usually almost finished with bowl, when its green but starting to chnage into a very very light shade of brown.

12. 45 seconds! :smoking:

13. About 3 minutes in, I start to feel the affect.

At about 15 minutes in I can tell how good the bud is.

And at about 45 minutes in my high peaks.

At about 50 minutes in, I become the fattest kid you know and eat everything in sight.

14. 3 minutes for me!

15. couple of joints - a while, blunts and bongs few minutes

16. With my iolite it takes abouut 20 mins for me to get high, but off like .1g :)

17. after a good milk but if its creeper then a good 3 mins