Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take for weed to take effect?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gingerboi, Aug 1, 2017.

1. I've been smoking for a couple months now, and it takes about 5-10 minutes to feel high. Is this normal? A lot of my friends get high near instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yes it's normal. Tolerance, strain, etc. can all affect how long it takes. Btw, how old are you?

3. It effects everyone differently. Smoking gets me baked within 1-3 minutes for most strains, especially indica dominants. Some people don't get high ever regardless of strain. Some buds can be "creeper" which might take another 5-15 minutes to kick in after smoked. Also whenever I smoke a sativa dominant / upper strain- like Zeta Sage for example- I never "feel" high, I just feel a little buzzed like after 2 cups of coffee.

Have you ever smoked a dab/concentrate? If you're not headchanged after a cough inducing concentrate hit then you are a rare specimen.

4. for me:
    4 minutes in I should feel something.
    8 minutes in I should be able to say I am high
    12 minutes in I should be in my high and high as fuck.
    This is after the first hit (0 minutes), I take two hits (two small bowls), and the first one starts the time, I usually hit the second bowl 2-3 minutes in.

I dont know why, but I always time it and take a hit after the clock changes, and use this 4-8-12 minute set up, to judge my high and how good the weed is. Hope this helps

5. N10 looks like you're on the typical spectrum. I usually smoke a joint (snicklefritz from last grow) and put it down when I start to feel something (about 3-5 minutes after sparking) and get a pleasant manageable stone