Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take for weed to go moldy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thatbcbud, Feb 15, 2015.

1. I do not smoke a lot so there is always weed left in my jars for a while. I was wondering how long does it take for it to go moldy? I put some in my grinder and it was fine but I found white things in some of the leafs after I used the grinder, I can't seem to see any thing on the out side of the bud but just wanted to make sure it was not moldy as I do not have a lot of experience with moldy weed.

Your forum admin may override this setting.

2. Depends on how it's stored

• Like Like x 1
  3. how long is a piece of string?

anywhere from 1 day to 10 decades. All depends on stoage and moisture content upon initial storage. If your weed is good now just put it in an airtight jar, and it will be ok for however long you need

• Like Like x 2
  4. Like others have stated it varies.  Mold can grow in a few hours if improperly stored.  I have some bud thats over 1 year old and it is just as good as the day I bought it.

Keep your bud in airtight containers(mason jars are great) and store in a cool, dark place.  Also might be worth noting that filling the containers you are using will allow less air into the container, which will help preserve your bud.

5. I store me weed in a glass jar with a tight lid on top to seal it off. But it smells the stickiness has gone a little and it feels for dry when I break it up

Your forum admin may override this setting.

6. In jars it should take an extremely long time if sealed well.