Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take for cannatea to kick in?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by newbiestoner, Dec 17, 2009.

1. OK, I know this is my third thread in only my second day, but I have made some weed-tea and I was wondering how long it takes to kick in... I already searched the stickies, and other threads, and didn't find anything, so that's why I opened one for this:

Basically, what I did was boil some water, poured it onto a mug, with a tablespoon of butter, and added an un-grinded bud I had from a doobie that I opened.

I am not going to drink it today, I'll wait for it to soak up as much THC overnight, and tomorrow I'll microwave it and gulp it right before school!:hello:

BTW, it wasn't dank or anything. The dank, I bonged today.:D It was a mid - that kind of looked like schwag.

Cheers to my experience tomorrow!

2. It should only take about 15-30 minutes to kick in because unlike eating, it doesn't have to digest as much to pump through your system.

3. Because your drink goes somewhere different then your food?

4. OK, so here's my experience with cannatea:

Woke up today, popped that mug into the microwave for 2 and a half mins., drank it - it utterly was the most disgusting shit I had tasted in my life. I took gulps/sips from the mug, and waited 15 minutes for it to kick in...nothing. 30 minutes....nothing. 1 hour.....nothing. My last hope, 2 hours.....fucking nothing!!! I realized that I hadn't eaten anything (a breadstick I did, but that's all), so I figured that if I ate a rice crispy snack, the high would start kicking in. I sure as hell started feeling......the diarrhea!!!:mad:

Horrible waste of some bud, and excruciating disgust from drinking oil for nothing.

On a lighter note, this dude I know said that I can just grind it, put it in a tea filter bag (alongside some tea), and add boiled water, no butter involved - said it worked for his friend.

5. Because drink doesn't need to be broken down before it enters the intestines, unlike food.