how long does it take for a seed to germinate

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by burn1down, Nov 18, 2006.

1. I took 3 of the 10 seeds that i ordered and put them inbetween 3 damp sheets of paper

towel. Then i took that and put it in a ziplock bag and wrapped 2 black t-shirts around it. I

took that and put it in a dark spot behind my computer so its kind of warm. Its been 2 days

and i have checked on them twice so far and they look the exact same. Whats the average

time it takes to germinate and could I be doing anything wrong?:)

2. I personally soak them in water for at least 24 hours, basically until they open up. Then I put them into pot of soil/perlite with a lid to retain the moisture. The pots then go on to a heat mat. They usually break the surface in two or three days, at which point I remove the lid at get them under flouro tubes. So far using that method I've had 100% germination success.

3. i think it could depend on the strain.. i bought some northern lights seeds and soaked them in distilled water for 24 hours.. then did the paper towel thing but i put them in a plastic bag and set them on top of my router for warmth.. they cracked between 24 and 48 hours.. I also had some bag seeds where i did the same thing and they took almost a week.

4. Only germinated one time, but i did the paper towel thing and put them in one of those disposable ziploc containers and put it on top of my router. Had no problem.. when i check them about 30 hours later they were ready to go in soil.

5. How wet are your paper towels? I poured a bottle of water over mine and then squeezed the water out until the towels were just damp. Should i just keep waiting over should i try a different method..?

6. i put 3 of them damp paper towels, then in a tupperware with lid sealed, then inside my computer case. one germinated in less than 24 hrs, the second after like a day and a half, and the third after like 2 days. the key is a little bit of warmth, and moisture.

7. Im starting my first grow (or trying 2), and i can't seem to get my seeds to germinate either, and like yourself its been 2 days. However don't give up , because i've read all over to give em atleast 2 weeks. Anyways if my seeds don;t germinate in 2 weeks ill just put them in a pot next to my mom's house plants, and hope for the best. :)