Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long does it take after smoking in a room to rid the bud smell?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bamf64, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Something really great happened today that enabled me to be able to smoke in my room after YEARS of hiding it from a certain somebody.

Just out of curiosity, how long will it take for my room not to smell like weed after i smoke a few bowls in it? I have Ozium so if i spray that. (no open windows/fans..)

2. lol what
    blow the smoke out of the window and it almost doesn't smell at all man :)

3. i dont want to blow out the window lol. im going to smoke inside im just curious as to how long it will take for the smell to go away.

4. If you only smoke a few bowls, it shouldn't wreak of marijuana stench. You'll smell it, but it wont be over powering. If you smoke a joint, or especially a blunt, then you're in trouble. Save those for outside use, if you're trying to avoid confrontation about it.

But if you have Ozium, which i had to look up, you should be fine. I mean i used to just sit next to the window and blow the hits out like that. When i finished up, I'd leave the window open and spray some air freshener and let it settle, then close the window.

Hope this helped some.

EDIT: It takes about maybe 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how much you smoked, for the smell to escape. If you don't want to necessarily blow your hits out the window, at least open a window afterwards. Or else the smell will linger.

5. hitting three or more bowls in your bedroom is not a good idea unless your blowing it out of the window.

The smell lasts man, and on top of that if you have a dirty bong it smells nasty and you'll have your bud out just sitting there in the open during your sesh

6. what about smoking a joint? like if i smoked it now would it be gone in the morning?

7. I have inscense going along with a brand new botttle of Ozium at hand..

8. Approximently 27.936 minutes.

9. well...me and like 4 other people will smoke joints to ourselves constantly for a whole night in a room and it doesn't even smell if there is a small breeze, if smell is a problem don't be stupid is the only good advice to give

10. Fuck The POLICE

11. just get yo happy ass sittin in a chair with a bowl packed or a joint rolled or whatever i don't give a fuck, light up a god damn candle, let that bitch burn, make sure it smells like somethin fuq'n amazing, crack a window, and smoke shit

12. I agree with all of them im smoking a bowl next to my window right now with both windows open and a fan on pointing out one, 0 smell, slide a towel under the door for extra safety so none drifts into the hallway and your golden. (airfreshner recommended for after sesh spray:p)

13. ended up just smoking half a j of Sour OG Kush and spraying ozium. towel under door. ill see if it smells in the morning.

14. Do you have a window open to vent out the smoke? the smell will just settle in the carpet, make sure your vents are closed too :p the smoke needs somewhere to vent out, or you should spray acouple more times every, 20-30 mins or so.

15. alright its been roughly 11 hours since i smoked. I sprayed ozium twice and it smelled like ozium laced joints for most of the night but when i woke up it didnt smell... Hmm.

16. Bathroom, turn on the fan smoke close to it and use a sploof that's what I do man works everytime

17. give it like an hour or hour.5

18. Just for anyone who reads this and decides to try it DO NOT TURN ON YOUR SHOWER, for some unearthly reason people think the humidity helps IT DOSNT humidity amplifies the smell and makes it stay longer. Towels, fans, and febreze are your friend in all smoking situations. "don't forget to bring a towel" :smoke:

19. nah dude your'e good. smoke like a jay or two and it will definitely be gone by the morning.

20. alright its been roughly 11 hours since i smoked. I sprayed ozium twice and it smelled like ozium laced joints for most of the night but when i woke up it didnt smell... Hmm.