How long does it take a seed to sprout?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ramboondrugs, Aug 12, 2010.

1. About 4 or 5 days ago I planted 4 seeds in soil/fertilizer in flower pots outside.I water them everday and there are slits so excess water can escape at the bottom.I did not germinate them before I planted them,I just stuck the seeds in the soil/fertilizer and watered them.The average temp is 80-90F.They didnt sprout yet and Im kind of worried that they are duds and im wasting my time,so how long does it usually take seeds to sprout?

tl;dr seeds didnt sprout after 4 or 5 days.What to do?

2. It can take a few days. I've read once that one seed came up 21 days after been put in soil.

I've had success with making a humidity dome. Just put some plastic-wrap over the pot. Then the humidity will stay in there and it will hold almost 100% RH. When I did that my seedlings came up within two days.

Then you won't need to water either...

3. there is no one answer..genetics...freshness...strain....method.....soil...heat....how deep..all effect how long it takes...if you just plant them...the seed has to absorbe moisture to start going..hence..some people soak en for a day first...some people scuff the seed surface.to increse speed of popping...it usually takes 4 or 5 days for me and up to a bout 10 days..gotta give em time:smoke:mandala seed bank has a great article on seeds and germination..old skool..see how they say to germinate and grow their seeds..you wont be sorry...plus they got great seeds...no femmed....hashplant and 8 mile high i here great things about...2 grows away for me..peace:wave: