Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does alcohol take to evaporate when collecting resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by frogskinshoelac, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Its been a little over 24 hours. I had a half a zip lock baggie or 91% rubbing alcohol. I put my bowl in it, shook for a while, it was almost completely black. Poured in to a cup. I read that the alcohol will evaporate and leave the resin on the bottom of the cup, but it doesnt appear to have evaporated much, if at all. At this rate Ill be buying new weed before this shit finishes.

2. I've never done it, but I heard putting it in front of a fan for some air flow and giving the alcohol more surface area will help... maybe like a glass cookie sheet.

3. If you want it to evaporate faster put it in a Pyrex dish or something so that there is more surface area to evaporate (like the picture below). Maybe point a blow dryer at it on low?

Never did it with resin though...

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Im going to try putting it in a dish like that. Thanks.