Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does a high last for new smokers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Marijuana Surveyor, Jan 20, 2014.

1.  I smoked weed for the 5th or so time 2 days ago. It was the biggest hit so far (4 lungs full from a blunt, i know i know, weak right). I smoked at around 11pm or so that night and went to bed around 4am. When I woke up the next day I could still feel the high, just much less powerful, my eyes were also still bloodshot.

Is it normal for new smokers with very low tolerance to experience this?

Also, is cottonmouth supposed to feel like you are choking on a dick? lol

I will probably smoke again tonight (Want to build a tolerance so its not a big deal whenever i want to get high) but I have important things to do tomorrow, so I need to be in the right state of mind.

2. I'd imagine this is pretty normal. Though it might have had something to do with you smoking later in the day as well.

Cotton mouth pretty much just means your mouth is dry as hell, drink something. Your dick choking will go away :p

If you feel you have important things to do tomorrow, don't smoke. Better safe than sorry mate

hope this helps  :smoke:

3. #3 Koh, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    should last for a couple hours or so. if youve got shit to do tomorrow, smoking tonight is fine.

4. When i first started smoking i could smoke at 6pm and be high when i when i went to sleep. I would still wake up feelig a little high sometimes. This was with an eighth between 3 people in a blunt or two, we did that shit on the norm. Highschool was fun times.

5. When I first started smoking this happened.  When you fall asleep high is when you'll wakeup high (like if you fall asleep drunk as hell you wake up kinda drunk), but the morning high isn't gonna effect anything (for me it didn't) you should be fine.

6. Baked for around an hour, maybe to an hf and a half, high for like 4 hours and buzzed pretty much til u fall asleep, sober anytime after

7. Keep your tolerance low and use pipes instead. You'll thank me later

8. #8 TheGreenBastard94, Jan 20, 2014
    Sounds completely normal to me for a new smoker.

9. You don't wanna build up a tolerance to much that just means your gonna have to smoke more herb.. but yes very common for first timersSent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 Jingo Dookstain, Jan 20, 2014
    The choking on dick part might just be from you inhaling too much during a single puff, thus scorching your throat.

Take it slow man. It gets you high, but it also burns the shit out of you.

11. new tokers will generally get a good high for 2 hours or a little more. An experienced toker like me will start to come down from my high in an hour.. seriously. Also I don't know how you stay up so late but when i'm high i get sleepy and lazy. You shouldn't feel high when you wake up.. maybe just a small headache. The cotton mouth will eventually go away. For now keep a drink in handy.