how long do you wait for a seed to sprout before you call it a dud?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by CE1122, Jan 21, 2013.

1. I planted 12 seeds and all but two have sprouted and have at least two sets of true leaves. The others only took two maybe three days to pop, how long should I wait until I call it quits on the last two?

2. ^^^ If the non-germed' seeds are of the same strain as the ones that have popped, I'd say they're bunk. I have read, however, that it can take some seeds up to two weeks to germinate! How much time are we talking about since you planted them?

wak

3. Today is day 12. The seeds are a different strain but from the same supplier. It is sounding like I might have to call those two a loss.

4. Give 'em a few more days. I fear you may be right about losing them, though. I personally have never experienced a seed that took more than 4-5 days germ'. But you never know...

wak

5. I have always used clones so this is my first round with seeds. I have heard seeds generally produce a stronger healthier plant more so than clones so I'm excited to see what happens with my little seedlings :)

6. When I first started growing, clones was what I used. Then I had a really bad experience with spider mites. I've been growing from seed ever since. Of course, I clone the good ones! I think you'll enjoy growing from seed. It is exciting watching plants grow, and not really knowing what to expect. Especially the different phenotypes (outward physical appearance) from the same seed strains. Good luck to you!

wak

7. Thanks:) if they sprout up will post a pic