How long do you veg for?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RecStoner, May 31, 2011.

1. I am wondering how long you guys let your plant veg for. I read some posts that a lot of people only go 3 to 4 weeks.

I have gone 2 months because I just didn't think the plant was large enough, after 2 months, there seems to be many buds popping up and I can't see how it can produce this much after half the time.

Is there a rhyme or reason behind the time spent on veg?

2. mj doubles, triples or more in flowering. My plants I grew to 8 inches and the tallest one month into flowering is 31 inchs now others are all above 24

3. as rhapsody said, the plants will sometimes double and triple in size. also keep in mind the grow space you have, and the wattage of your light. depending on your wattage, the light will only penetrate so far into the canopy. you don't want 3 feet of plant with 6 inches of bud on top.

4. This is of course taking the container you're growing in to account. If your pot is already filled with roots like mine are, you will not have very much stretch.

P.S. I vegged for 4 weeks this grow, due solely to time constraints. My lease is up in Aug, etc.
    My next grow will probably go a couple weeks longer.

5. exactamundo!! limiting root-mass limits plant size.....

6. gotcha, I'll play with what I am doing.

I kept these 2 in veg for 2 months, I have plenty of CFL's at different heights, so light is not a real concern.

I have some mad buds on the bottom of the plant, it is maybe 3 feet high in a 5 gal bucket.

My next grow will be smaller plants, maybe 6 or 8 in 2 gal pots under some T5's. I am thinking I can grow 3 times as many and keep them 3 times smaller.

Thanks.

I'm still learning.

7. When you flower you will have giants!!! Take a pic if you make a crazy tall one