Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you usually hold in your smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gonjasaurus Rex, May 7, 2011.

1. Topic.... Me about 4 secs.

2. It varies on the moisture in my throat.

Could be a second, could be 5+

3. I dont hold mine for very long. If it isnt good enough to get me high on a good puff then it isnt stuff I would wanna smoke honestly. I am one of the picky ones I guess. I find the stress of holding ones breathe and coughing a lot really can unpleasantly burn the throat.

Just my .02, plenty of people disagree I assure you LOL

4. I count backwards from five. Every single time.

5. I try to hold it in no longer than five seconds.

6. 3 seconds, 5 max

7. genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ....Well i pretty much thought this thread was "how long do you hold, topic"

Wow I am stoned, with ADHD.....dangit.

but co-sign, 3 seconds 5 max.

9. Is it bad that I hold it for like 12+ seconds?

I thought the longer I hold it, the higher I will get

10. longer your headache will be.

your going to blow a blood vessel:D

11. holding it for 12 + seconds will deprive your brain of oxygen. hold hits for 3-5 seconds.

12. 3-5 seconds. I thought the longer you hold it in, the better the effect, so to speak? Whoops. :rolleyes:

13. 1-3 seconds.

14. It takes your lungs 3 seconds to filter out all of the THC it can. Anything more than 3 seconds is pointless and prolonged deprivation of oxygen is not healthy.

15. about 2/3 seconds... I used to always hold it in for 5+ secs when I first started 5 years back...fuck that

It seems like the longer I smoke the less I hold it in (lung damage?)

16. it depends on how big the hit is for me. anywhere for about 2 secs to about 10 secs. But some friends and i play smoking games where you hold in the smoke until the joint/blunt comes back to u!

17. hell yea i love helicopter.

about 3-5 for me.