Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long do you stay high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Acorn327, May 16, 2009.

1. i have been smoking regularly for about 6 months. the guy i get weed from usually has some decent mids, and every once in awhile he gets some low grade dank stuff. i have noticed when smoking the mids that sometimes right after i smoke i feel really fucked up but after like an hour sometimes the high is totally gone. sometimes it lasts for a few hours. so just wondering how long others stay high.

2. yeah tolerence will build up after a while, other things that kill highs are eating, showers, alot of sweating, and panic. i usualy stay high for a few hours as long as i dont munch out the whole kitchen lol.

3. There's lots of variables, for example- If you're smoking shwag normally the high doesn't last as long as if you are smoking mids or dank. Normally I stay high for a good 2 hours.

4. showers dont kill my high at all =] and i stay high for a long time for some reason ive never had my tolerence very high tho

5. Yeah I love showering when I'm high. Doesn't seem to reduce it at all.

And I'm lucky. I'm usually high for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. It really depends on the quality and quantity of the weed I smoked though

6. I have been high like destroyed up to 3 hours with a little 3 hour buzz after that. Usually I am nicely nicely high for about 2 hours and a little buzz on the way down for 1 hour.

7. i stay high at a peak for about three hours then it comes down for another two..

8. My actual high doesn't last more than two hours or so, but I still feel nice, relaxed and buzzed up to 8 hours in. For example I smoked up at 12 PM today and I JUST stopped feeling it not long ago (it's 9:30 PM now)

9. welcome to toleranceville. it sucks.

normally i'm pretty good at managing my tolerance, but i took acid a couple months back. it was awesome. i smoked weed like a homeless dude smokes crack, though. since then, i peak for maybe a half hour and come down pretty soon after that. i'm due for a tolerance break, but i smoke nightly to help tone down my restless legs and adhd, so i'm not looking forward to being awake for 2 weeks.

10. hot showers or somthing like a hot tub are amazing i think they help keep you high, but cold showers make it go away super fast very unpleasent

11. i notice that, too. i know some other hallucinogens have afterglow effects that last up to 24 hours. maybe weed has afterglow or something.

12. it depends on what strain you smoke, 8 hrs thats ridiculous, ive only been that high that long after i ate half a batch of my hash brownies i was almost tripping. at the most smoking like 2 hrs, i have a super high tolerance so sometimes its not even that long 30-60mins. i smoke medical grade trees too, i could be high for 8hrs with redoses, but to be high from a bowl for 8hrs you most not smoke at all

13. About a hour and 45 mins, for the high, 45 mins for peak then decline after that.

14. roughly two hours...
    It takes a good half hour when youre coming down. If i get really fuckin baked I either pass out, or stay high for 3+ hours.

15. i have the same problem i stay high for about two hours if i smoke a blunt to the face i think its because ive built such a tolerance for this shitty florida weed lol it is wat it is tho gotta get high

16. Baked - 45 minutes or so

Elevated - Couple hours

17. Yeah dude it's just your tolerance levels. I did a wake an bake sesh today and I was starting to lose my high at around 3:30 (when I had smoked at 7:00) so yeah It's also with the quantity and the quality of the weed also.

18. i know its my tolerance. i haven't smoked for a few days and im not gonna for at least a few weeks to break my tolerance. im shooting for a month without weed, but we'll see how that goes. i just wanna be able to take 3 hits from a bowl and be ripped like i used to get. that was awesome and with shitty weed.

19. about 2 hours

20. I dunno.. Like I'm completely high for probably like a half hour to 45 minutes. Then I'm feeling pretty good for like 2 hours, and then a pretty unpleasant comedown mixed with a weird sense of euphoria that I think is the afterglow.. Yeah i dunno I'm wicked high right now haha.:smoking: