Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you hold in hits??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grassdude, Sep 28, 2010.

1. You're a funny guy Mike haha but you have a point there.

Nice, i think i like that. In that case..+rep

Interesting...what is this ghosting method you speak of? Explain...

2. Yea I feel ya man. That isn't hardly my argument though. I just want people to know that you don't have to hold hits in for so long, not that holding them in for a while is really gonna harm you anyways, yer getting baked!

3. ghosting my friend is when you take nice big ol' hit and you let the smoke just chill in your mouth. dont swallow any. then ya pitch it out of your mouth slowly and suck that shit back in. aka, the seth rogen from pineapple express. learn it, master it, love it:smoke:

4. lol that is just how you swallow smoke dude, just inhale

5. No, there is an art to ghosting. Like blowin rings. No hatin'

6. Great movie reference! love that fucking movie...uhh +rep.

It would be interesting to know how ghosting creates a more intense high when the cloud of smoke is chillin in your mouth. Perhaps it allows a more intense rush because of the increased volume of smoke inhaled at a quicker velocity.

7. Hm, that's a pretty solid theory. I always thought that it had something to do with the oxygen you inhale mixing with the smoke. I don't really have it figured out past that point, but there's my idea! haha

8. You like saying +rep to anyone with bad advice or misinformation, don't you? :D

Ghosting is when you hold it in real long and don't see any smoke when you exhale... which isn't a good idea, by the way.

9. So because you call ghosting something different than me, that makes me misinformed? We call holding it in until nothing is left, zeroing...so i don't know man.

10. I hold my hits forever.

11. You only need to inahle for 3-5 seconds before all the thc possible can get into your lungs,bloodsteam,etc.. You don't need to hold in your smoke until your face turns purple just to look badass infront of your friends :rolleyes: Just hold it in the necessary amount, exhale, get high, have fun...

12. Congratulations for outlining how NOT to smoke :rolleyes:

Swallowing smoke? Really? You do know that it's going to your stomach right?

Kids, don't try this at home. This thread is fail from post 1. Additionally, holding it longer than 5 seconds or so won't get you any higher.

13. I vape so 10-15 seconds

14. It would seem that the soothing medicinal qualities of herb would help fight stomach pain..

Solid advice

15. If you want to throw random words at things you've seen in Pineapple Express, you need to pick words that aren't already used to describe something else. :laughing:

Zeroing is the same as ghosting, but I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot more people referring to it as ghosting. In fact, the very first person that quoted your post agreed with you because he thought that's what you meant.

16. How dare you pollute this highly informative thread with useless stuff like common sense, years of experience, facts and large quantities of knowledge! :D

17. yeah, its when you hold it untill nothing comes out.

and OSG is right. /thread

18. The only "bad" thing about it, is having smoke in your lungs for longer periods of thime. But all this bullshit about people saying that you get brain damage from oxygen deprivation by just holding it in for 5 seconds isnt true. I believe the minimum amount of time your brain can go without oxygen before damage starts to occur is 3-6 minutes. I'll hold my hits in for 5-10 seconds if i have alot of weed, if i dont ill take one puff hold it in for aslong as i can.

19. All of you are WRONG WRONG WRONG ASK YOUR DOCTORS! In 3 seconds 99% of the THC is absorbed.:smoke: its called google use it

20. 3-5seconds no longer. strains your lungs. and makes my head hurt a little.