Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you hold in hits??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grassdude, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I like this "paper bag" method. +rep

2. 3-8 seconds. Depends on what I'm doing at the moment.

3. Also good advice, +rep to you sir

4. Hey grassdude that's actually terrible advice.
    Do some research.

5. I hope you're being sarcastic. :laughing:

6. What do you think you're getting during rescue breaths during CPR? Second hand breath has more than enough O2 to keep you alive.

7. I usually say however long your inhale of smoke is the longest your hit should be

8. And that magically turns piles of bad advice into good advice... how, exactly? Does the THC that was absorbed in the original hit regenerate in the bag, or are we just inhaling stale second hand smoke for fun at this point in the game? :D

The other reference I quoted was the one about swallowing burps... My theory is that if someone reads a thread and comes out of it feeling smarter because they were told to swallow burps and blow smoke into a bag... they might be doing something wrong. :laughing:

9. Thats a smoking game lol. We called it "Football" back in the day haha. Good times.

10. I do a ten count just to make sure. I think 7-8 seconds is all you need.

11. I first started smoking Marijuana when I was 15. Never exhaled yet.

12. Amen to that brother hahaha :cool:

13. Ive heard that quote somewhere before lol

14. Really? My quote? Impossible! I just made it up in my head.

15. I've heard that holding it in for a long time does nothing for your high. It only deprives your brain of oxygen=-/ THC is absorbed into your lungs pretty rapidly, so you really only need to get it into your lungs for a few seconds (I prefer 5 or 6 seconds.):smoke:

ghosting is a good way to take your high to the next level though:hello:

16. 5-6 seconds 99.9THC is absorbed into the lungs.

17. THIS GUY KNOWS WHATS UP. GHOST HIT THAT SHIT. TAKE A BIG HIT THEN HOLD IT......THEN BLOW OUT NOTHING. GETS YOU VERY LIGHT HEADED, THEN GHOST HIT A MENTHOL THEN THAT GETS U MORE LIGHT HEADED HAHAHAHAHA:smoke: FUCK MY LUNGS, I GOT 2!

18. 2-5 seconds

19. Although your right, the oxygen deprivation is nothing special. You are deprived worse while swimming or running, it takes 3-5 minutes without oxygen for brain death to start and even then your body forces you to inhale as soon as brain death begins.

20. after 7 seconds all of the THC is absorbed, anything more is just damaging your lungs.
    Some people think they get higher, but you are really just depriving your brain of oxygen.