How long do you guys use your cfl's for?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dawg2k7, Oct 23, 2008.

1. This is my third grow and so far my plants seem to be a week behind in growth. THey seem to be growing slower then all my other grows But they look fine there green no nute burn just a little over watering but beside that there nice and compact and look nice. But they are growing slow so since this is my 3 time growing with these do you think maybe my cfl's are weak? And not putting out as much lumens? And I need new Cfl's??? How many grows do you guys with cfl's use?? This is my third grow useing these... any advice willl help a tons please :) I dont feel like waiting for 4 months just to get them to be a ft tall

2. Oh btw im useing 10 42 watts 2700 lumens each for 6 baby plants then I will sex them when there older then only Veg the females some more. Im hoping for 4 females with 10x 42 watts cfls.

3. #3 lowryderrocks, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
    heres my CFL only grow of master kush, I think they going ok :) 6 weeks 3 days since seed.

you are better off with the bigger ones IMO, I had 9 small ones 23w x 5 and 35w x 4 and it seems to get too hot with all them rather than just the 2 big ones, just today I changed them out for a 250w, the other one is 220w which was always there.

oh any pics btw, it helps.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/268080-masterkush-my-second-grow-2.html

4. You've never changed them for 3 years??? I wonder why my plants are growing so slow this time around?? My frist 2 times they loved the cfl lighting and grew fast now this time it seems like they dont like the lighting or something there growing so damn slow. There growing like they should execpt for the speedy part.

5. how old are they now?

6. There 2 weeks old with 10x 42 watts 2700 lumens each... Any ideas to what can cause slow growth? I dont understand? lol and its frusterating.

7. mine were slowish till a little over 2 weeks then took off and started growing fast, too fast after 4 weeks. post some pics up and we get a better idea.

8. alright I will when i get home. There just a little over watered thats about it. They look fine no burns no yellowing. There just growing a little slow :( and it sucks because When u got 2 ft tall plants it feels good then u start all over with little babies maybe im bein to in patient =/ But ill post some pic when i get home.

9. I know what you mean, we see how they are with the pics up :)

the first 2 weeks is very boring after growing a 2ft tall plant :)

10. Ok here is the picture beside them being over watered does it look ok for 2 weeks old? to me it looks way smallar then it should be =/

Attached Files:

11. I don't think they look that bad for 2 weeks... The most pervasive reason I've encountered for slow growth is temperature. Is it too hot in your box? Summer is a rough time for me to grow because my "indoor" is actually kinda outdoor.

12. what size are they pots? going by the amount of leafs they look about right apart from a bit of drooping.

13. idk what size pots maybe a gallon? or 3 quarts. But they dont need to be transplanted thats for sure. And the temps during the day are about 83 and during the night I think it prob gets to be about 73 or so. But alright ill just keep growing and fix the watering I had to water them early because i was leaving home for a week and they woulda been thristy as fuck. so i just said ill give them an extra watering. I didnt think it would make them droop so bad tho.

14. the reason they are growing slowly is because you are using the WRONG COLOR TEMPERATURE (Kelvin) CFLS for the vegetative state.

During veg, you should youse the "daylight" or around 6500K kelvin CFL's, during flower, you should use the "soft white" 2700K CFL's

15. took the words right out of my mouth

16. I hadn't even spot that, I think that has something to do with the droop as well.

17. Bingo.

I used 4 of these I purchased from Home Depot locally for the vegetative cycle for my one plant and it did wonderfully:

[​IMG]

18. Lol why do nubs alwayws have to post? dude im using the right cfl's Ive got 2 full grown under my belt with the same exact cfls.

19. and your lights only have 1300 lumens mine have 2700 lumens each newbie

20. no. you are using the wrong lights.

They are also not close enough.