Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you guys hold a hit in for?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Treepuffer313, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I am just wondering if holding a hit in longer would effect your high?
    I hold a hit in for about 2-3 seconds. Also I have heard a rumor that if you hold it in for more then 4-5 seconds it is bad for your health!? I don't believe it at all but just wondering if anyone else has heard of it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. [quote name='"Treepuffer313"']Hi all,
    I am just wondering if holding a hit in longer would effect your high?
    I hold a hit in for about 2-3 seconds. Also I have heard a rumor that if you hold it in for more then 4-5 seconds it is bad for your health!? I don't believe it at all but just wondering if anyone else has heard of it?[/quote]

I hold them for 2-3 seconds. Any longer then that is damaging your lungs. THC is absorbed in a matter of seconds. After that it's just smoke.

3. You do know you can search questions in the forum search bar... There are thousands of threads with the exact same thing...

No it doesn't matter, it's absorbed instantly into your lungs. I still hold it in for 2-4seconds though.

4. I use a vaporizer and I hold for 10ish seconds. Is this bad for the lungs like smoke?

5. 3-5 seconds.

6. 6 seconds, or five Mississippi's if I'm stoned as hell, 95% of the thc comes out in 5 seconds, so I just make sure I get that, even with vapes its the same.

7. If I'm smoking alone I'll take huge rips and hold them in until I feel like stumbling. I know that's just oxygen deprivation but 3 or 4 rips like that and you will feel stoned. If I'm with people I look like a fucktard with no motor control doing that, so I smoke normally

8. i hold it in until i pass out.

gives me a nice ringing in my ears & a little nap.

9. ..qft

10. I hold my hits in for about 10 seconds (if I'm not prone to a coughing fit first)

11. I try to hold it for 3 minutes

12. [quote name='"StonedApe"']I use a vaporizer and I hold for 10ish seconds. Is this bad for the lungs like smoke?[/quote]

I've heard that you should hold vapor hits for as long as possible because vapor isn't absorbed as fast as smoke

13. 5-6 seconds mostly

14. dont inhale its bad for you

15. I hold it in untillit comes out my butthole

16. 2-3 sec, depends how big the hit was

17. I applaud this blades first post :laughing:

18. [quote name='"StonedApe"']I use a vaporizer and I hold for 10ish seconds. Is this bad for the lungs like smoke?[/quote]

No the vapor doesnt really hurt you much
    Tho theoretically if you held in vapor too long couldnt the vapor cool and become water in your lungs?
    Could be wrong- anyone with more insight feel free to elaborate

19. [quote name='"t-fizz"']

I applaud this blades first post :laughing:[/quote]

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!