1. Grasscity.com August contest: Follow us on YouTube to be entered to win a PAX 2 Vaporizer! Winner will be announced Sept 1st
    Dismiss Notice

how long do u have to live in CA to get a card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sKyTrUk, Nov 6, 2010.

  1. idk if the rules changed but i called the THCF about 4 or 5 months ago about getting a Washington state card and they told me you don't even have to be a resident of Cali to get a California state medical card
  2. You need to get a CA id / driver's license.

    Per the DMV website:
    To apply for an ID card you will need to do the following:

    Visit a DMV office (make an Appointment(s) for faster service)
    Complete application form DL 44 (An original DL 44 form must be submitted. Copies will not be accepted.)
    Give a thumb print
    Have your picture taken
    Provide your social security number. It will be verified with the Social Security Administration while you are in the office.
    Verify your birth date and legal presence (you may use your California driver license)
    Pay the application fee. (No fee for a senior citizen ID card.)

    For legal presence verification, most things will do- birth certificate, passport etc...

    More info here:
    Driver License and Identification (ID) Card Information

  3. i looked threw that hole page and it has nothing to do with mml
    now this website on the other hand may have some helpful info
  4. as soon as you get to cali, Just go to any DMV and declare residency. Your actual drivers license will be mailed and takes about 2 weeks, but they give you a temporary ID. Right after that you can go to a "green" doctor and get your medical license. The dr.s are everywhere and you can find ads in the LA JEMM magazine. After your quick visit with the doc, you are free to legally buy cani-goods at any dispensary near you:smoke:
  5. #7 weedandbombs, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    It doesn't because its the DMV website. You have to have a California ID or Driver's License, otherwise - you get no MMJ.

    Its not that simple. After getting your ID (I've heard that most MMJ doctors want your actual license, not a temporary ID, since an image of it appears on most recommendation certificates), you have to pay to see a "green doctor", usually around $100 for a rec from a reputable "green doctor", and then you have to be approved. I've heard of people not getting approved, so its best to not put the idea that its "really easy to get" in anyone's head.

Share This Page