How long do u dry b4 u cure

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by lamont2468, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Thread title explains it all. Drying in hydro hut wit the inline and scrubber going

2. Until it's dry.
    What's the temp, humidity level, etc.
    It will vary depending on your conditions.
    Plus there are several stickies that tell you what to look for in the texture of the drying plant.
    What have you been doing on here for your 6 1/2 years?

3. Interested yrs ago got away from it and now I'm back into. So it's really been like 18 month member

4. Its dry enough when you bend a stem it snaps not bends. Usually 4-7 days. Possibly more but not likely.

5. I cut back on the watering my last week so it seemed like it dried out pretty quick. Is there something specific I'm lookin for in buds for is it just when they feel really dry

6. Its less about the buds more about the stems. At least as far as drying is concerned. Like I said it is dry enough to move to jars when the stems snap when you bend them(this is after its cut while its drying not while its in the growing medium)
    Cureing (sp) will redistribute the moisture evenly and remmove chlorafil for a clean smooth smoke.

7. You're going to want to dry them to the point where they seem almost too dry, and brittle. The stems will have all the moisture in them, and then as you cure it, the smell and taste improve along with the consistency of the buds.

I have always had the most success when I thought that it was completely dry, I'd let it go for another day then jar it. After the cure the flowers are just the right texture and smell like they are supposed to. You'll notice a change in the flowers texture within a matter of hours after jarring them, they will seem to regain moisture.

8. [quote name='"King of Kings"']Its less about the buds more about the stems. At least as far as drying is concerned. Like I said it is dry enough to move to jars when the stems snap when you bend them(this is after its cut while its drying not while its in the growing medium)
    Cureing (sp) will redistribute the moisture evenly and remmove chlorafil for a clean smooth smoke.[/quote]

The buds seemed really dry so i was wondering if I did some wrong thanks for the info king

9. Its ok. You can allways rehydrate. Let it cure a little bit to let the moistur reach the outer part of the bud. All the moisture is trapped in the middle of the nugs.