how long can you store seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SaberLily, Feb 17, 2011.

1. hi guys, i am planning to order some femm'd chrystal seeds from nirvana.
    however, my grow will prolly not be up and going for another good 2-4 months or so.
    i am ordering them now because we will be moving to a new place soon.

so, how long can i store these babies? also, any tips on storing em would be greatly appreciated too :hello: i live in socal so the weather is alright most of the time.

2. cool, dry, dark. Airtight would be nice. Follow that and they will last until your schedule grow and beyond.

3. Like medical said, cool, dark, dry. If you follow that rule, your seeds will keep for years. I've heard of people using 10-20 year old seeds!

4. fucking awesome, thanks guys! :smoke:

5. The little black plastic canisters that 35mm film (remember that stuff?) used to come in are great. Put a pinch of uncooked rice in there with them, it will absorb any moisture. Seal it and stick it in the back of a closet or in the refrigerator and the seeds can last many years. Scientists found seeds (not MJ, but still) in the the pyramids of Egypt and they germed right up after 4,000 years...

6. nice toasty, thanks for the suggestion! ill go with that method cus i got some of those spare old film containers, and im asian so ive got plenty of rice :D

thanks for the tip!! :hello: