Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long can you keep weed for?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by DeadMan94, Nov 15, 2016.

1. I'd like to apologise in advance if similar questions have been asked before.
    I was wondering how long can you keep say an eighth of weed which is stored in an airtight container, placed in a not too warm, not too cool environment without exposure to direct light.
    Also, how long would a prerolled joint be good for if placed in the same glass container?
    Thanks!

2. I dont think it matters whether its "rolled" in a joint or not.....but....if kept in proper conditions.....meaning correct temp AND RH.........one could theoretically keep bud for 18+ months

• Like Like x 1
  3. Also is there a need to open the jar every certain period of time to allow fresh air to enter the jar? If so how often does this need to happen?

4. Yes....especiallly if it is "newly grown" weed.....once the RH in the jar sits consistently at 58 or so....the need to open the jar to let it breath goes down dramatically

• Like Like x 1
  5. Me personally bout an hour

• Like Like x 2
  6. I would imagine keep bud to long will reduce its potency. I don't know the length of time exactly though, mainly due to the fact an 8th would last me maybe the day if I am lucky. I tend not to store any amounts of bud too long, I feel it just a breeding ground for bugs and bacteria.

7. I have bud in mason jars that is almost a year old. The only thing I can tell is the smell is slightly diminished. I use boveda humidity packs & it is still sticky and very potent.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

8. Several years.

9. Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.

So it looks like you should be able to keep it for at least your life time.

Properly dried and cured cannabis packed in glass jar then vacuum sealed keeped in a cool and dark spot I have been able to keep 1/4 pound stored for 3 years