How long can you keep a plant on 24/0?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 420patient, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Hey guys i know some poeple keep mothers for years my question is would it harm her to keep the lights running 24/7? Iv'e got her super LSTed to 3" if she wasn't tied down she'd be 14" tall looks like a bozai tree.

2. you can veg a plant as long as you want to. will only want to allow her to get to a size that you will be able to fit into the grow space in flowering though ( in which they can double or more in size)

3. Yeah im not tryin to flower her just use her as a mother. So there is no harm in usin the 24/0 cycle as apposed to 18/6? Im gonna be clonin her and keep tying her down.

4. nope! no harm done, would be a bit easier on your power bill to sit her at 18/6...

5. It's cool man just 8 cfl's at the moment. Thanks for the advice man.

6. Do you know if i grow it long enough and stay on 24/0 will it show it's sex preflowers? Or at some point do i have to flip to 12/12 for sex to show? Iv'e heard that alot of plants show sex around a month in veg.

7. You're growing her for a mother and have not sexed IT yet? Take a cutting, root and flower or I've heard you can cover a part of her with a paper bag for the 12/12

8. Yeah growin it for experiance with the absolute minimum till i get some proper equipment. But hey im still thankful for what iv'e learned from it male or female. I probibly will just flip at some point then get some good genetics going.

9. Some strains show preflowers before flowering...may take up to 6-8 weeks for it to happen

10. Thats whats up. I ain't in no hurry im havin to much fun see how big i can get her while still keepin her short. Thanks for all the help man really appreciate it.