How long can YOU hold your breath??

Discussion in 'General' started by craig131, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, first post for me haha and as the title says, tell us how long you are able to hold pure air in your lungs... Try to beat my 1 min 35 sec....

2. When I wasn't able to smoke, and had all the free time in the world, I hit 3 minutes flat as a record. Probably couldn't break 1 minute now.

3. Online Stopwatch For those who could use one.

Pathetic tonight: 1 minute and 9 seconds. I'm definitely going to have to work on training my lungs, because what the hell is the point in quitting smoking if you can't hold your breath longer than a bunch of smokers and say, 'Ha, told you so.'

I ask you, what?!

:p

4. The trick is to slow your heart rate. Excluding capacity, I don't know if your lungs have much to do with holding your breath, and I don't know if it's possible to train for an increased lung capacity.

5. 1:25 damn was so close too haha

edit: man I haven't done this in years, was pretty fun haha lasted much longer than I though. didn't think I would make it past durchii

6. Surprisingly I got 1:25 as well. I think I could hit 2 minutes with some practice.

7. 1:11

i could probably do more, but meh

8. 3 Minutes, im a diver though too. Do i get anything? :smoke:

9. [​IMG]

I broke the key on you, my friend.

:laughing:

10. :wave: Got them iron lungs you diggg

11. 1:40, I think I could go longer though.

12. Hey, at least you guys get to have Nitrogen Narcosis every once in a while... what do us landlubbers get?

Screwed, that's what.

:rolleyes:

13. I never want to experience NN. All of the stories I have heard, and just everything about it seems unpleasant. The only reason I could think that I may encounter this is thinking about my future career as a Commercial Diver and being deep in the ocean at work, Some shark comes at me and I got to get the fuck out of there. Swimming for the surface, running out of air, my only savior being the air above me. Wow wtf am i talking about..

14. 1:30

Dam i used to be able to do over 3 mins. I was in the pool a lot as a kid and used to train to hold my breath for long periods of time. I guess smoking has taken it's effect. :eek:

15. 2:38

a swimmer ^^

16. Damn, I need to quit smoking cigarettes.

56 seconds.

17. 1:36, I was pretty damn surprised I made it over a minute lol:smoke:

18. 1:40. I used to be able to hold it longer.

19. Surprisingly I found it easier to get better times when I didn't watch the clock. Maybe its got something to do with perceived anxiety levels but idk :confused:

This happening to anyone else?

edit: i know someone who can barely hold it for 25 seconds so no reason to feel bad haha

20. Yeah same for me