How Long Can You Hold A Hit?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Currin_0, May 10, 2014.

1. Until nothing comes out.
    What about you all?

2. around 30 secs max

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I wouldn't want to.

4. I don't hold in for more than 3 secs with bud but I usually do 15 for dabs and other vapor

5. I could go till I pass out but usually hold it for around 10 secs

6. No point in holding in hits. 

7. Doesn't all the thc get absorbed right away anyway?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 SamsonNite, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    All the THC gets absorbed within 6 seconds, anything more jacks up the amount of tar in your lungs.

Claim holding hits in get you higher? Lack of oxygen to the brain makes you dizzy and lightheaded

Comeon everyone on GC knows this shit

Edit: fuck I could for prolly like a min
    Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. All the THC is absorbed in 4-5 seconds after inhaling, so its pointless to hold hits in as long as you can.

For your question, as long as I want to.

10. Yeah I don't but I could probably hold a medium sized hit for almost as long as I can hold my breath.. So like 1min to 1min 30

11. "Ghosting" your hits does NOTHING to get you higher except from oxygen deprivation!  If you clamp down hard on the hit while holding it, you can actually damage your lungs and more like this dude did! (The green is my translation of the "sci-speak")

[SIZE=12pt]“Usual" cannabis abuse producing an unusual incident        (abst – 2007)     [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]([/SIZE]The Valsalva maneuver is performed by attempting to forcibly exhale while keeping the mouth and nose closed.  Don't do it!)         http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17342632
    \nA 17-year-old male presented in an agitated, deranged state with rapidly increasing swelling of the neck. Except for regular abuse of cannabis there was no medical history of note.... The chest X-ray demonstrated a bilateral pneumothorax (air was collecting between the lungs and the ribs) and large subcutaneous emphysema (more air was ballooning out his neck's skin). Subsequent computed tomography of neck and thorax showed an extensive pneumomediastinum (air was getting into the sack around the heart, esophagus and thymus gland) and the described subcutaneous emphysema (the kid was blowing up like a balloon with every breath, and it was squeezing his lungs and heart! FYI- He was OK after a while.)
    \nOur lungs are not meant to be repeatedly exposed to higher than normal pressure. This kid was clamping down and "ghosting" his hits.  Eventually a weak spot in his lungs  "blew out" and air went from his lungs into his chest cavity. 

There were several 1970/80s studies done on how people toked and if it affected the amount of THC in their blood. Clamping down on your hit and/or holding it for a long time does not affect the amount of THC in your blood! You can't force it into your system, and most of the THC has been absorbed before you can count "10 hippopotami" (10 seconds). Any longer than that is just silly!

Granny

12. i was told when i first started smoking that around 5sec was the best time to hold a hit in, so thats what i do personally. altho now after reading it can be harmful to you im kinda worried bout y'all that be doing all this extra shit, lmao.

13. I usually only do 10 seconds.  I can ghost if I don't cough but I don't

14. Not as smart of an idea as you'd think

15. When I took a hit and heard footsteps coming near my room, I quickly hid my pipe and I didn't want to let the smoke out cause she might come in. So i had hold it for about 30-40 secs.

16. Depends on how much I hit vs how dank the weed is. I try to not bite off more than I can chew. I have a sensitive throat and a powerful gag reflex. Coughing was a bitch when I first started toking and smoked out of friends' dry pieces constantly.

17. You know I had a friend who told me ghosting hits would make you so much higher because you let the smoke completely enter your body...

After trying it a few times It struck me that the only reason it makes you feel any higher is because you cant get any oxygen while holding your breath for the ghosting.

Now, I cant say IT turned him stupid because he wasnt so bright before, but I can definately say that when he gets high using his method, he turns to one of those melty people on those above the influence commercials. And Im the seemingly sober (but actually high) person next to him

18. For an eternity. Wtfux is the point of thos thread ok now you know how long i can fucking hold a hit

Sent from my C5303 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 El Duderino, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014

i love Granny science!

edit: about 3 seconds.

20. I can hold a hit until no smoke comes out. There is no reason I would ever do that though, it's pretty gross if you think about it, the smoke basically just absorbs onto your lungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app