How long can seeds be stored?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NebDro, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Hey city, I have 4 bagseeds that I'm going to try and save for next summer's grow, and I'm going to be getting more. Right now, I have the 4 bagseeds in a little weed baggie, in my wallet. Will they be okay in there? I plan on taking them out tomorrow, but have had them in there for awhile. Also, can seeds get old and go bad? What are some good ways to store seeds for long periods of time?

2. I do believe that if they are kept at a cool temperature in the dark they should be fine. Im probably wrong though

3. Seeds if properly stored meaning a dark environment can last almost indef. Just store them in a dry dark place.

4. Keep them in a cool dry dark place. And I think that the longer you keep them the less likely they will germinate . I would guess a year is a long time.. Someone hopefully can help us both out with this.

5. #5 CDXXsuperskunk, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ok thanks for the help.

6. there is a thread about it in the breeding section. you need to put them in an air tight container, and stick them in the freezer. they can last up to and even more than 10 years. however, when you thaw them out to plant, you can not put them back in the freezer again. you have to use them.