How long can seedlings last without water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by advancecavalry, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I just planted my crop, but I timed it horribly. I failed to realize that I'll be across the country for 10 days on monday... and by then, everything will have sprouted.

So my question is, will they survive without water for that long? I can water them the day I leave and the day I return, so at most, it would be an 8-day break. What are the chances of everything surviving?

I can have someone else baby sit them, but it would be a HUGE risk and hassle, possibly not even worth the death of a plant or two.

2. That certainly was bad timing. I don't think they're gonna be ok alone for 10 days. If there isnt many, and your seeds weren't expensive, forget about them, or leave them outside (probably a terrible idea)?
    If the seeds were bought, or there's a lot of them, leave someone in charge. A close friend or family member, not someone you can't completely trust.

3. #3 Smokeitdown, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    Hmmmm.... Idk man, thats pushing it. You should look into those vertical water bottle watering things for houseplants. It's supposed to water a plant slowly over the span of a week or something. Just model one off of this

The pro one looks like this:
    [​IMG]

You just stick the green thing in the soil, and the bottle goes upside down in the spike. You have to make sure its airtight, and the air is being pulled in the bottom of the green spike, otherwise I'm pretty sure it will just all spill out around the edges.