How long can plants last without water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by xBrent, Jul 6, 2011.

1. #1 xBrent, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
    So, let's say you were unable to get to your guerrilla grow for 2 weeks. (not because of security.) I know you're supposed to water every 3-4 days, but will the plant have a chance of survival if it goes without water for 2 weeks? This is assuming that it does not rain and there is no timed watering system. Would it depend on the age of the plant? Thanks.

*Also any ideas on homemade watering systems like a drip or something?

2. Hmmm idk for sure but bud started in mexico were its dry as fuck u should b good

3. Weed plants don't need much any water really. I've been growing outdoors since April I have never had to water my plants once. Unless you live in a region going through a drought then maybe you need to water once a week if that. Every 3-4 days is a lot. They arnt garden plants they are weeds. They can handle low water very well. They prefer it actually. You will slow down theyre growth watering often. I never water except when its my water nutrient mix once a week. Ur grow should be fine. Unless you live in Nevada or something.

4. we're gonna need to see some ID sir. :D

5. back when i grew out in the woods, i would feed them 10 gallons every two weeks.

6. Also depends on the soil type. Sandy soil needs water more often than a clay base soil. Lots of organic matter helps.

7. i havent watered mine in a week almost, but i would get worried after two weeks dog.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sometime more water less often is good. every time i water i use 5 gallons. once the plant is about 8" tall. its hot where i'm at. so 5 gallons is good for 4 days. when your plants get big they can drink up to a gallon a day.

i grow in my back yard, so i can water when i want to.

Stinkie....

9. Just look at the other plants growing near your MJ. If they look healthy without being watered your plants will probably be alright.

10. I usually don't like leaving them un-watered for more than 2-3 days if temps in 90s+, depends alot on rain, humidity, etc. Water crystals are pretty awesome though, I haven't yet come back to dry holes, small plants though.

11. a good drip system is just to cut a little hole in a big jug of water (at least two liter) and bury it near your plant. The water will slowly drip out into the soil under the plant. I dont know how long this will keep the water moist for because ive never done it.
    Another thing you could try is making a rain catch - something trashcan sized with a funnel to stop evaporation, and maybe a screen to stop bugs reproducing (if you care) put it out there before you have watering problems. You could even rig up a drip system with this too...