How long can I leave a glass freezable bowl in the freezer?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Your Royal Highness, Nov 25, 2019.

1. So I recently bought a glitter filled, glass spoon pipe, that’s meant to be frozen in your freezer for smoother cooler hits. It SO helps! But, after just a few hits, the spoon pipe is completely warm again. So far, it’s been in my freezer for 3 days. Since it’s made to be frozen, but it’s still glass, does anyone know how long in the freezer it’ll still be ok? There were zero instructions with it. Any & all help is greatly appreciated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Is this something you could maybe talk to the manufacturer about?
    I mean...I've left glass bowl (like, a food grade mixing bowl) in a freezer for over a week, but the glass was pretty thick and food grade stuff is often made to be pretty durable for both hot and cold...
    Who knows, with a pipe.
    I'd say, keep it in a ziploc while in the freezer though.

3. Thank you so much for your advice! I actually do think I can contact the website where I bought it, and ask them. And if that fails, I’ll start keeping it in a ziplock bag. I’m still very open to anyone’s advice or info. Thank you so much again!

4. Is there liquid in it like mixed with glitter? Bet it can stay in there forever.

5. Yes! The glitter moves in the liquid when it’s not frozen. You think I’m good leaving it in there awhile then? How long might be too long? And thank you so much!!

6. Only thing I would b concerned about is cleaning the pipe before putting it back in the freezer for real. The black tar that builds up in the bowl and pipe can mold from moisture/heat and could possibly give u a lung infection.
    Do what ya want it’s ur life but, that pipe sound like something I’d only bring out when ur smokin with a few girl friends, unless ya wanna clean it daily or not freeze it.
    How to clean a pipe- enough rubbing alcohol in zip lock bag to cover pipe, half a cup table salt, let it soak for a hour rinse with hot water allow to air dry.

7. The Kandinsky spoon I bought from t.v. says to freeze for at most for couple hrs it made to withstand heat and cold good luck

8. its likely filled with glycerin which won't freeze.

also.

if you've left it in the freezer for THREE DAYS already. its not going to get any colder than it already is.

three days is totally over kill. 2 or 3 hours would be PLENTY.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Also, if it's gotten as cold as it's going to get in there and hasn't suffered, it's unlikely to have any issues no matter how long you leave it in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. This is glycerin that is put in the freezable pieces. Glycerin will stay in a liquid form depending on how much is in there to 0 down to -50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thinking of one! Either red Eye or Cheech. How long do they stay cold? Worth it.....My poor lungs arn't young anymore, I'm 58 lol

12. i have a smallere piece glycerin in it, i keep it in the fridge b4 use works fantastical