How long can i keep my plant flowering before i HAVE to harvest??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smoker89, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Hey i am growing in a pc grow box and my plant is 40 days into flowering. Many of the fan leaves have turned yellow or been removed and id say about 60% of the pistils have turned reddish brown on most of the colas. I would like some of the lesser colas to grow a bit more so my question is, how much longer can i wait until i have to harvest, and what are some of the signs of a plant that has past its ripest stage? (sorry for the lack of pictures i dont have a camera? Any input is apprectiated.

2. get a magnifying glass or something and see if the tricomes are amber yet.

if they're amber your ready

3. The trichomes will tell you when you need to harvest. You shouldn't wait until after peak maturity, you will just watch what would have been your harvest start shriveling up and your cannabinoids will be degrading.

4. I would wait another 20 days if you can. I would flower a full 6 weeks atleast before cutting.

Evil: smoke:

5. I've heard the sad tale of people harvesting too early COUNTLESS times.
    I've never heard of somebody harvesting "too late". Of course, it is possible, but it would take (general estimate) close to a month or more of procrastination to have a totally useless (little, to no THC) harvest. I dont know if your MJ is for your personal use, medical disp, or "other". but if its for "other(s)", there is always people who love that mega couchlock type high. Not me personally, i'm a sucker for the "uppity" kinda stoned. but my point being, you almost have to want to harvest for too long to reaaaaally f**k things up.