How long can flowering plants stay in darkness?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LouCabrazi, Aug 23, 2013.

1. I have some guests visiting and I need to stash my plants in a shed on my property.  They'll be in there for the day and into the evening, is that a problem?

2. imo, as long as area is light tight, a little extended night period shouldn't hurt.

3. What if the extended night lasts 24 hours?

4. You should be fine, again as long as it is light-tight. How long into flowering are they? What about temp and other conditions in the shed?

5. #5 kenabyss, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    I personally would meet the visitors elsewhere, one of the first things i was told when learning to grow, was to STOP all visitors, if this not possible then basically you need to copy your grow room environment to the shed , an old fridge is good, set of lights at top , oscillating fan at the bottom , a few 2 inch holes at the back or bottom , and bingo you have a temp home in a safe ish environment, wouldnt recomend any longer than 24 hrs , also the fridge could be useful for 24 hr unbroken darkness if thats the way you have to go, but dont let the temp drop too low! Maybe a couple of 12 hr pocket warmer charcoal burners in clam style case will keep your babies warm overnight (look in a camping shop)

6. #6 LouCabrazi, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    I'm in southern ca so temp isn't a problem, when I woke up this morning the shed was in the 70s, right now it's 10:40am and it's 86 and humidity is 46%. They have been in there since 4pm yesterday and will be in there until i get home this evening maybe 8pm.  So they pretty much had a full day sun yesterday, it's today they'll miss the sun all day.  The shed will get up to 90-95 and humidity up to 50-55% but for the time they are in there I don't think they'll suffer much... at least from the temp and humidity.  

I'm about a month from harvest and they are all looking great!...so far :)

I hear you on stopping all visitors.  It's sort of the downside of growing if you are a social person.  

7. Of course hit has to be a hot day today, checked the stats in the shed 109 and 29% humidity...hope my ladies make it.  :confused:  :confused_2:

8. Southern California here, too, so I know your pain with the heat, too!  I hope your girls are ok!