How long can a seed germinate for?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kerbob16, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. Ive been trying to grow a single plant for about 2 weeks now. The first seedling died because i was using mg soil and i overwattered so i got root rot. By the time it died, i only had 1 day to plant another seed because im on a tight schedual i need this plant as fast as possible. So i could only germinate for 1 day and i planted the seed before it cracked and showed a tap root. that was 3 days ago, and this morning i noticed my lights fell down and crushed the little sprout that apparently formed last night :( When i germinated that seed i also had it with 1 other because i wanted 2 plants but changed my mind last minute, so i left 1 seed still germinating and i checked on it today and it has a huge tap root. Now that my sprout died from the lights falling i want to plant this one. But can i clip off half the tap root so i can plant it easier in a peatmoss puck? or would clipping it also kill it..?

2. I wouldn't advise it at all because it could stress the plant out.

But if you needed to, the plant has a couple days worth of food from the shell, so that might last it until the root gets back in the game.