How long can a seed be kept in germination before it starts to die?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheBishop, Mar 10, 2012.

1. nice thread and good question...

tomorrow will be the 7th day i been waiting for a pakistan ryder autoflower seed to germ... i dont know what the problem maybe but im gettin kinda pissed... can anyone help me out?...

2. I would trash it after 7 days unless you really want this seed to grow you could go maybe 3 more days as a last ditch effort. It probably is a bad seed. Not a rare occurrence. Even with good genetics some are bad. That's why plants make so many, to save the species.

3. damn i really dont want to do that... i ordered that from attitude... dont they replace them?...

4. They won't reply to anything about germination. Nature of the business.

5. you're a dick.

6. Uncalled for, not helpful, and violates GC forum rules. Keep your comments constructive.

7. i know they wont reply to anything that has to do with germination... cant i say something about them being crushed or damaged?...

8. Yes, but then they might want you to send photos.

You can't talk about germination because the seeds are sold as "souvenirs". That's why you can talk about them being damaged (because they won't make good souvenirs anymore) but they may want proof. I received some damaged before (from Attitude) and they wanted photos from me, which I provided and then they were replaced with a full pack of those seeds, even though not all were crunched, so I ended up with more seeds than I paid for that way.

9. So you cant spend long on a computer, yet you choose to write these long ass over-dramatic sentences?

10. absolutely wrong. it can take longer than that. from personal experience, i was growing some bhut jolokia pepper plants. hottest pepper on earth. but anyways, i waited . WEEKS!. after about a month i said "fuck it, your dead" and left it. i planted it in my back yard. guess what. a month after the month of waiting and saying that they were dead. they were out of the ground. i was amazed yet baffled. so all in all, give it a few weeks, then plant a new seed in the bucket but dont go digging for the "supposed dead seed" and you might be surprised when it pops through the ground.

11. So your pain gives you a free pass to treat people as bad as you want? I don't think so man. How bout not posting while you are in pain and know you will lash out at others. Yea, there are a lot of people here that answer questions before fully understanding the question. Its called tolerance. Learn some. You have control over how you treat others. And coming here talking down to the community, will not get you the answers you seek. Good luck with your pain management, I hope you find relief. I also hope you look within yourself and realize that your pain does not justify treating others badly.

The answers you seek have been given on your question, so i will not repeat them. Peace. :smoke: