how Long Can A Plant Stay In Vegetative State For???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mullen000, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Just wondering how long marijuana plants can stay in a vegetative state for?

Is there a maximum?

Or do they keep on growing

This is indoors BTW.

2. they can stay in vegative stage forever as long as there under 18 hours of light. thats how u keep mother plants

3. :smoke: outdoors? ..... until the days get shorter ... about 13-1/2 hours if i'm not mistaken.

edit: ... i was mighty baked last night .... read that as outdoor, not "indoor" :smoking:

4. exactly....it takes 12/12 lighting to trigger flowering:D hope this helps

5. Thanks heaps..

Cheers

6. is it the same deal with 24/7? or only 18/6?

7. both the same 18/6 24/7

8. forever is a long time bro .....

my experience has been they live healthy for about a year an a half ... perhaps a few problems along the way ... like not watering enough .. and the soil gets all crusty and out of balance. i then flower her, and then let the best of the next clones be mother ... and so the next mother takes on the age of the last flowering mother, they can live a very long time! have blueberry that is about seven years, and white widow that is nearly thirty! and have been the keeper of the strain (don't know the whole story :devious: ) for the last two years now :D

peace

9. so do you have to make an outdoor plant flower, or will it do it when it wants to?

10. A plant can grow in veg indoors indefinitely. Outdoors it is usually just one season unless the plant does not see freezing temps.

An outdoor plant will start to flower when the days get shorter. This happens on June 21st when the days start to get shorter. Indoors we trick the plant into thinking autumn is coming by switching the lights from 18/6 to 12/12. This will trigger flower.