How long before too tall?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Triple6Greens, Feb 23, 2016.

1. simple question guys.

How long before my plants are too tall?

I am currently vegging in a shed under t5s and will flower my plants outside. In my veg shed I have about 3.5-4 feet to work with before my plants run into the lights.

Now with these questions I know there is slot of variables but I'm asking just your average.

Questions

To get a 4 foot plant how long will the veg take?

Did you start seed or clone?

What is your experience with growth rate?

Check out my grow below![​IMG]

2. Kinda hard to give you a answer on this. First, we don't know what you vegging. Strain? Second, I hope you are planing to flower under something other than t5 lighting if you plan on 3 to 4 foot plants. A 4 foot plant under t5 lighting, will have the bottom 3 feet of useless fluff airy buds. T5 works for small plants, scrog and lst. Not so much for 4 foot monsters. I would suggest that you look into lst or scrog rather than how long to veg to achieve 4 foot plants.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Only vegging under t5s
    Will be flowering outside.

I'm just looking for a general idea of how long I got. And strain wise tell me for both sativa and indica what your veg times are till the plant reaches 4 foot

4. Well it clearly says he will flower outside.

If youre going outside I would just keep LSTing the plabt low and along the bulb... shape the plant to the light... then when it goes outside, just let it go nuts.

210 watt perpetual box
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394922-210-watt-3.5-sq-ft-Northern-Lights-and-White-Widow:
    What do you want this four foot number ? Where is it coming from ?

210 watt perpetual box
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1394922-210-watt-3.5-sq-ft-Northern-Lights-and-White-Widow:

5. Jope... so stoned I missed that whole line about outside...lol. sorry.. so yeah the go with what just enough for me is saying. I read that shit twice and missed the outdoors line twice!

6. #7 nuker121hydro, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    Since I handed you a brain fart,, I'll give you this.

Sativas tend to grow tall very fast, and also have a tendency to stretch alot when forced into flower. If you want to end at 4 feet, you would want to start flower when about 1.5 to 2 feet tall. Sativas well stretch almost double at flower. Sometimes more.

Indicas, tend to grow bushy rather than tall. Stretch is less with indicas. With indicas, it's best to train the plant to grow wide and short. Depending on strain, can go up to three feet before putting into flower and stay under 4 feet. (Growing it wide.)

Hybrids. Depending on if it's Sativas or indica dominant, would give you an idea of which of the above you would lean toward.

Again, all strain dependant. But that's the general generic growth of both.

How fast it would achieve those rates is all dependant on your growing enviroment, lighting, feeding, watering schedule, and all the other factors.

7. #8 Triple6Greens, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    who is this guy?
    Lol nuker I know plants grow during flower.... I don't care about my flower height due to it being outside...

I care about the veg height. I only ask about this cuz I am just trying to figure out my planting schedule....

Like I don't wanna start new seeds too soon if my flowering plant are not going to be done...

The 4 foot number comes from how much room I have to veg them. I got 4 feet available to veg them to.

I am probably only going to top it once or twice and let them take off outside

Maybe no one can give me an answer... maybe I will just have to see for myself.

8. If you low stress train your plants as has been previously suggested by Justenoughforme, worrying about the height of your plants will be a non-issue...

9. Don't know if anyone actually came close to answering your question but i thought you asked if anyone Could say how long it would take yore plants to reach 4 feet? Most plants I've grown hit the 4 foot mark within 60 days after they go into 1 gallon pots from solo cups. They are usually in 5 gallon pots by then.

10. Don't know if anyone actually came close to answering your question but i thought you asked if anyone Could say how long it would take yore plants to reach 4 feet? Most plants I've grown hit the 4 foot mark within 60 days after they go into 1 gallon pots from solo cups. They are usually in 5 gallon pots by then.

<span style="background-color: #ffffff;">thank you. This is the exact answer I'm looking for.
    </span>
    <span style="background-color: #ffffff;">
    </span>
    Anyone else ?

11. Your plant is "too tall" when it don't fit your space anymore. LOL It's going to continue to grow once you put it outside, so why do you have to get it to a certain height before you put it out? Depending on where you live, you can put them out once danger of frost is passed and then leave them out for the whole grow season to pull once the natural light cycle has changed and the plant flowered. If you keep it in till it's 4 feet and then put it out and leave it for the whole season, you could end up with a plant that is 8 or 9 feet tall or even taller. So, unless you're trying to set some kind of growth record, just wait till frost is over and put the thing out regardless of what size it is at the time. And to answer your other questions, we grow from both seed and clone here depending on whatever tickles our fancy. Getting a good strain started and keeping them going with clones is how we 90% of our stock, but we are all the time starting new seeds and strains for variety. Each strain will have it's own way of growing. You can't predict growth rate on a plant. But once you've grown a strain for a length of time, you get a better idea of how much each will grow. Good luck with your plant! TWW

12. I'm not looking for everyone 2 cents on what I should or not be doing. Simple question how ling did you veg before you had a 4 foot plant.

And yes maybe I am trying to set a height record. Maybe I want a tall plant..

Thanks Mr fooey

13. You're asking about a 4' finish height correct, not 4' in veg I believe? Is that right?

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. ......

We are talking veg only to clarify.

I have said multiply times I flower outside.

4 foot is the max for my veg shed

So how long did it take your plant to reach 4 foot during the veg

15. That's extremely strain specific. I have some that could do it in well under 2 months while a strain like my god bud might take 3+

16. By the way I skipped over all the arguing and whatever else everyone was talking about. so as far as I was concerned I didn't see that you flowered outside. That's why I was asking for clarification.

17. #19 #Groot, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016

So... 4 feet fast... Your growing Christmas trees...?

Most say that's not how you want them shaped...

I agree... But I can't just leave them alone...I shape them in Veg

to shoot up 6 or 8 colas...But spaced for air and light.

18. Sorry killset.

Didn't mean for you to take it the wrong way.

But thank you for your answer to my simple question.

I mainly grow hybrids sativa dom.. but I an getting some indica too.

So I guess I'm looking at 2-3 month veg before I need to get them out side