How long before starting flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by achand, Feb 24, 2013.

1. How long should a plant be in veg state before starting flowering

My plants are close to 30 days old

2. it depends how big you want it. age is irrelevant, once it gets to about half the height you want it to finish at, change the light cycle

3. Exactly, you have to change it to 12/12 then it will have to start going into flowering.

4. thanks for the inputs. however if i wanted to do the screen of green than when should i start training the plant.

5. you mean like LST?

6. He means a scrog.

You wanna get the screen up and just let the plants grow into the screen, pulling it back underneath as it grows and you want it about 12" - 18" above your pots.

Check out the advanced growing techniques section mate, got loads of info.

7. thanks all for your replies. i will go ahead and check the advanced growing techniques

8. Thats all up to you and the size you can handle in your grow area. A plan once it starts flowering can double, triple or more. Usually its not less then double in my experience. For myself I always count on double or more so when the plants get to a certain size I flip the lights. Usually thats no more then about 4 weeks.

Its better to go on the side of caution with a indoor grow as your height is limited. It sucks when your over run by your plants.

9. once the plant is about 6-8" tall you can go ahead and put the screen on. you can do this at any height really, all depends on how much room you have, but having some space between the pot and screen is handy for watering and getting you hand underneath for arranging branches and such.

then when the screen is full, or near full switch to 12/12, keep training for about a week and then let the shoots grow straight up. but the exact timing depends how much height you have and how big your lights are