How long before i can determine sex?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zBUDz23, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Right now it's only like 2 weeks old so i know i can't tell what sex it is yet, or for a while but how long does it usually take before you can determine its sex?

2. But how do i?

3. their is a sticky on that. with pics. boys have balls- girls not. read plz

4. Here's the link to the sexing sticky - it'll show you where to look, and what to look for ;)

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/454814-sexing.html

A lot of times you won't know the sex of the plant until they go into 12/12 and it can take up to 2 weeks for them to show. Some plants that are vegged for a long time will show as well.

When the time comes, if you're unsure, just let us know :)

Good luck! :smoke:
    Doin'

5. if you switch it to 12/12 lighting within two weeks youll have the sex, i dont advise it though. but most plants will in within 8 weeks without 12/12

6. 10-14 days after the start of 12/12.

I've never tried vegging a plant for 8 weeks. Will add to my to do list.

7. yeah to be honest i haven't ever really heard of ppl doing the 8 weeks thats just what someone told me.

8. Quite a few growers with perpetual gardens keep "moms" and veg them for months. They take clones from them to keep their gardens going, and eventually replace the mom and flower her. As the mom matures, her nodes become offset, and eventually she'll show sex without ever being under a 12/12 light schedule.