How long before asking her to be my girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BurtonSnow, Jan 12, 2010.

1. So I have never really been into the whole idea of a girlfriend. This being my first year in college things seem to change and girls have grown up, or atleast this one. I can't even say I've really liked a girl besides in middle school.

I met this girl at a new years eve party and we've been hitting it off ever since. We see each other ever day, openly admit to liking each other, and even talk about dating in the future. Hell, if I asked her to right to be my girlfriend I know she'd say yes.

However its only been a week and a half. We've defiantly spent good amount of time together, and I honestly do like her, but in highschool it seemed to be the rule of before dating was "talking" for a month or so. Then again this isn't HS bullshit anymore.

So my question is, if the sparks are flying, were both in to each other, should I let time play a factor of taking the next step considering it isn't much of a big one from where we are now.

2. It's just a title in my opinion.

IMO, don't worry about the title because it is high school shit.

Just keep hanging out, dating whatever, and when you guys get closer

Then just be like, "hey Id really like it if you were my girl ..I mean we've beeing hittn it off and I'm really feeln ya .."

3. Why don't you slow down and think about fucking, first. :p

4. Dude, as you probably already know, the dynamic is different after school. You can take control, you don't have to conform to the norms.

Just when the time feels right, kiss her.

I personally never liked the idea of applying the title of boyfriend and girlfriend, or going out, before anything happens.

Because technically, you're already going out. Just step it up. good luck x

5. Oh yeah ive defiantly kissed her. We havn't left second base, but still the point is it'll lead to something.

6. At the moment of writing this post, I was on 300 posts, and you on 400.

Don't miss post 420.

Also, sounds like you're doing pretty good. My reccomendation would be while cuddling or something just say, 'are we like an official couple now?'

Aww. I want a cuddle now.

EDIT: also, I realised I totally misinterpereted your first post, but Now I understand and think this post is relevant

7. Well I kind of already planned on in my head how I was going to do it. We both have this joke between each other saying we have other bf's and gf's. Long story how it started, but I play a little ahrder to get then she does and say shes just one of my gfs, but not yet my favorite, and rankins etc. Works her way too, but anyhow one day I just figured Id say ur my number 1 now haha.

8. Let her deal with that.

9. Id wait like another 2 weeks bro.

10. I usually dont worry. If ive dated her for longer than two weeks i just intoduce her as my girl or gf. So its just something that happens over time. If you agreed to be exclusive from the start then it is what is bro :D shes yours

11. You're young. First year in college? Yeah. I'd say go for it and have yourself a ball. [​IMG]

:D Good luck.

12. It's college...fuck it.

13. Hahaaha thats good shit. If you drop that in the right situation like quiet and close it will go good. If you say it mad goofy it wont.

14. well she said I'm her #1 bf haha and gave the order of the rest :p. I said ya well ur getting pretty close to #1 :p

15. best advice in the thread just keep doing you and let her do her