How "legal" is weed in your area?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KeyedAbraham, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Like when you're smoking with your friends in public how wary of getting caught are you?

I'm just curious because me and my friends usually aren't and have a "smoke anywhere" mentality, but that's only because laws are fairly chill here.

stay high:smoke:

2. Pretty harsh laws here.. We don't tend to smoke in public places, and if we do we're pretty hush-hush about it.

3. Hardly illegal here lol

Petty offense ticket for possession of, I believe, up to an oz.

Mmj and legalization on the next ballot so

4. so lax, its the Caribbean so no worries about that at all. Youll only get in trouble if you have upwards of Id say a half ounce or if you make it clear that youre dealing. I literally smoke anywhere. On the streets, open parties, there was this concert with 10K people there (doesnt sound like alot but it is because our population is well under 100K,), in one big field with a stage. 800 police guards were hired to keep the event in line, but when I say EVERYBODY was smoking, EVERYONE was smoking. I left my bag at home on accident and some guy just gave me an eighth for free when I asked him if I could buy a dime off him. I love here in that aspect, smoke anywhere...bars, pools, restaurants, as long as youre not stupid about it youre good.

5. Damn that's gotta suck...I hope you're not in virginia, 'cause that's where I'm moving in a few months.

It would be quite a change to have the law enforcement saying things like "Put your hands on your head and walk backwards towards me" instead of "You can't do that here, put it out."

6. Despite what I was told by some other Michigan residents I think they're pretty tough on it as far as sentences go. In my town I have the sheriff's department, the state troopers, and the local pd.With that said it's very unlikely you'd be caught around here.
    There's also a lack of good bud in the thumb, at least compared to hawaii, which is why I'm going to start getting my bud in Ohio. :cool:

7. Honestly, I have no paranoia whatsoever anymore. But I go to jail if I'm caught by the police

EDIT: ^ when i'm home. if i'm at school or an unknown place i'm a little bit more sketched out. especially at school with campus, town, township police patrolling within a small area (lots of cops driving around).

8. I'm in North Wales, UK. UK laws on everything are strict and if you get caught with bud over here, it may aswell be crack.
    I've only been caught once, 10 or so years ago in High School, me and a few buddies got high before going to school. A teacher caught on, and we were all sent to the headmaster's office and the police were called.. We got taken to the station, asked questions, parents had to come down and pick us all up.

and they didn't even have any proof we smoked weed.

9. in socal i can grow it with the proper papers, so i grow it

10. To be clear, laws are never "lax" or "chill".

Those enforcing them are, or at least have the option to be. Some more than others.

But unfortunately, you never know when Mr. Grade-A-Federale Asshole will make an appearance, just to say fuck you very much and have a nice day.

Just ask the owners of state dispensaries how "legal" they thought weed was in their store...:(

11. I feel for the growers almost anywhere, that shit's gotta be rough especially in places like Kentucky.

12. Very illegal unfortunately. Im from california though, and well... need I say more?

13. Hmm.

The town police actually switched its priories so that busting someone for smoking is the lowest on the totem pole. I love having news of these things from my brother and the department. Anyways, I think if you get caught with any amount you get in trouble. Regardless of if its just crumbs, you will get something negative in return.
    But the odds of them ever finding out you have possession are extremely low in WA.

14. I agree that it ultimately depends on the officer enforcing the laws and how the person who got caught acts towards the officer.

However, if I get caught at home (PA) I go to jail, get probation, and receive some discipline from my school. and it stays on my record

If I get caught at school (OH) I get a citation and receive some discipline from the school. not on my record after a year or two.

I consider the Ohio law to be "lax" or "chill".

15. Well here in Florida( especially where I live) more than likely your going to get slapped with cuffs and sent to jail. Gotta keep it on the DL here.

16. Anything less than an ounce is supposed to be an "infraction"

That's what I've heard.

17. Washington, and I am the same as you , we just smoke anywhere. Out side a restaurant, at an amusement park, next to cop cars, walking pass cop cars.

Cops don't stop you with cannabis unless you do stupid shit and start trouble and get caught for the "Trouble" rather then the cannabis, Its add-on basically for the cop.

from scale of 1-10 to get caught smoking marijuana is like a good 3-4.

Nothing to worry about as long as your not starting trouble and intoxicated thats just bad because then the government says the reason for the "trouble" is because of weed and that gives points to the other team.

Smoke weed and chill.
    Dont smoke and kill.

18. where i live weed's decriminalized. you can't smoke in public but you're allowed to do so privately at home as well as growing as long as it's for yourself not dealing. that's in spain.

19. As chill as it can be considering I live in the "bible belt"

20. Yeah seattle is where its at. You really have to try to get caught.

Snohomish county however is a different story, tho, at least in my experience.